Avage cream is used for:
Reducing the appearance of fine wrinkles, certain dark and light spots, and certain lesions on the face. Avage cream is used with a total skin care and sunlight avoidance program. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Do NOT use Avage cream if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Avage cream
- you are pregnant
Before using Avage cream:
Some medical conditions may interact with Avage cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you are of childbearing age
- if you have eczema, sunburn, or high blood lipid levels, or if you are unusually sensitive to sunlight
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Avage cream. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fluoroquinolones (eg, levofloxacin), phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), sulfonamides (eg, glipizide, sulfamethoxazole), tetracyclines (eg, doxycycline), thiazide diuretics (eg, hydrochlorothiazide), or vitamin A because the risk of sunburn may be increased by Avage cream
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Avage cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Avage cream:
- Use Avage cream as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with Avage cream. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Avage cream is for topical use only.
- Before applying Avage cream, gently wash your face with a mild soap. Make sure you remove all makeup before applying Avage cream. Wait 20 to 30 minutes to make sure your skin is dry before applying Avage cream.
- Apply a small pea-sized amount of Avage cream to the affected areas on your face once a day in the evening. This should be enough to lightly cover the entire face.
- In the morning, apply a moisturizing sunscreen with SPF 15 or greater.
- Other creams or lotions can be applied before or after using Avage cream. Make sure that any other product applied is absorbed into the skin and completely dry before applying Avage cream.
- Wash your hands immediately after using Avage cream.
- If you miss a dose of Avage cream, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
- Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Avage cream.
Important safety information:
- Avoid getting Avage cream in your eyes, nose, mouth, vagina, or on healthy skin. If you get Avage cream in your eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Follow your doctor’s advice for routine skin care and for makeup, moisturizer, and sunscreen use.
- Avoid using other topical medications or cosmetics that have a strong drying effect. If you have dry skin from using these products, allow your skin to “rest” before using Avage cream.
- Do not use Avage cream on skin with eczema, certain types of skin lesions (eg, lentigo maligna), or for any condition other than that for which it was prescribed.
- If you have a sunburn, do not use Avage cream on the sunburned skin until it has fully healed.
- Weather extremes, such as windy or cold weather, may irritate your skin more while you are using Avage cream.
- If you are using a cream or lotion to soften or moisten your skin, do not apply Avage cream until the first cream or lotion has been absorbed into your skin (at least 1 hour).
- Avage cream may cause harm if it is swallowed. If you may have taken it by mouth, contact your poison control center or emergency room right away.
- Wear clothes that protect your skin from the sun and use nonprescription creams to help keep your skin soft.
- Avoid electrolysis, hair depilatories, waxes, and other products or processes that may dry or irritate your skin.
- Avage cream may cause you to become sunburned more easily. Avoid the sun, sunlamps, or tanning booths until you know how you react to Avage cream. Use a sunscreen or wear protective clothing if you must be outside for more than a short time.
- Women of childbearing potential should use effective birth control methods (eg, condoms, birth control pills, diaphragms) while using Avage cream. You should have a negative pregnancy test 2 weeks before starting Avage cream. Contact your health care provider at once if you become pregnant while using Avage cream.
- Avage cream should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN younger than 17 years old; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Do not use Avage cream if you are pregnant. Avoid becoming pregnant while you are taking it. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor right away. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking Avage cream.
Possible side effects of Avage cream:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Burning; dry skin; irritation; itching; peeling; redness; scaling; skin inflammation; skin pain; stinging.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); severe or prolonged itching, burning, redness, or peeling; sunburn; swelling of the skin, hands, or feet; swelling or cracking around the mouth; worsening of psoriasis.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
Proper storage of Avage cream:
Store Avage cream at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 23 and 86 degrees F (-5 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Avage cream out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Dosage and Administration Instructions
Remove any makeup before applying Avage Cream to the face. Dry the skin before applying the cream after face washing, bathing, or showering. Apply a pea-sized amount once a day at bedtime to lightly cover the entire face, including the eyelids, if desired. Avoid accidental transfer of Avage Cream into eyes. Facial moisturizers may be used as frequently as desired. Emollients or moisturizers can be applied either before or after applying Avage Cream. However, ensure that the first cream or lotion has absorbed into the skin and has dried completely before subsequent cream or lotion application.
- If contact with eyes occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Avage Cream is for topical use only. Avage Cream is not for ophthalmic, oral, or intravaginal use.
- Use effective sunscreens and wear protective clothing while using Avage Cream.
Dosage Forms and Strengths
Cream: 1 mg of tazarotene per gram (0.1%) of white cream in 30 gram tubes.
Important Administration Instructions
Advise patients of the following:
- Use Avage Cream on the face once per day, at bedtime.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mouth. The cream may cause severe redness, itching, burning, stinging, and peeling.
- Gently wash face with a mild soap before applying the cream.
- Dry skin before applying the cream.
- Apply only a small pea sized amount (about 1/4 inch or 5 millimeter diameter) to lightly cover the entire face.
- Apply emollients or moisturizers before or after tazarotene cream and ensure that the first cream or lotion has absorbed into the skin and dried completely.
- In the morning, apply a moisturizing sunscreen.
What are the ingredients of Avage Cream?
Active ingredient: tazarotene
Inactive ingredients: benzyl alcohol, carbomer homopolymer type B, carbomer 1342, edetate disodium, medium chain triglycerides, mineral oil, purified water, sodium thiosulfate, sorbitan monooleate and sodium hydroxide to adjust pH
For more information visit us our website: mymedistore.com