What is Melalong?
Melalong Cream is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Age spots, Lightens light brown color patches on skin, Skin discolorations associated with pregnancy, Skin trauma, Birth control pills, Hormone replacement therapy during menopause and other conditions.
Melalong Cream contains Hydroquinone, and Tretinoin as active ingredients.
Melalong Cream works by reducing the accumulation of skin pigment and hampers important processes within the cells; slowing the growth of diseased blood cells.
Melalong Cream Uses
Melalong Cream is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Age spots
- Lightens light brown color patches on skin
- Skin discolorations associated with pregnancy
- Skin trauma
- Birth control pills
- Hormone replacement therapy during menopause
- Dry, rough patches and tiny bumps on skin
- White blood cells cancer
Melalong Cream Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Melalong Cream improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Reducing the accumulation of skin pigment and hampers important processes within the cells.
- Slowing the growth of diseased blood cells.
Melalong Cream Composition and Active Ingredients
Melalong Cream is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Hydroquinone (2% W/W)
- Tretinoin (0.025% W/W)
Melalong Cream – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Melalong Cream. This is not a comprehensive list. These side effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Dry skin
- Skin reaction
- Inflamed skin
- Mild to moderate irritation
Melalong Cream Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid becoming pregnant during and within one month after stopping treatment
- Avoid exposure to sunlight and UV light
- Avoid getting this cream in your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Avoid unnecessary sun exposures and cover the treated areas with clothing
- Consult your doctor for the right method of contraception you can use
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
Melalong Cream Drug Interactions
If you take other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Melalong Cream may change. This may increase your risk for side effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Melalong Cream may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid
Melalong Cream – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Melalong Cream is a contraindication. In addition, Melalong Cream should not be taken if you have the following conditions:
- Application on eczematous
- Irritated or injured skin
Other important Information on Melalong Cream
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not take extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Melalong Cream
Do not take more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Melalong Cream, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Melalong Cream
Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Melalong Cream.
Expired Melalong Cream
Taking a single dose of expired Melalong Cream is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to take expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.
Melalong Cream – Packages and Strengths
Melalong Cream is available in the following packages and strengths
- Melalong Cream Packages: 15GM Cream
- Melalong Cream Strengths: 0.025%+2%
Melalong Cream – Frequently asked Questions
- Can Melalong Cream be used for Age spots and Lightens light brown color patches on skin?
- Yes, age spots and lightens light brown color patches on skin are among the most common reported uses for Melalong Cream. Please do not use Melalong Cream for age spots and lightens light brown color patches on skin without consulting first with your doctor.
- How long do I need to use Melalong Cream before I see improvement of my conditions?
- Website users have reported 2 weeks and 3 days as the most common time it takes before they saw improvements in their conditions. These times may not be reflective of what you may experience or how you should use this medicine. Please consult with your doctor to check how long do you need to eat Melalong Cream.
- Should I consume Melalong Cream empty stomach, before food or after food?
- Website users have most commonly reported consuming Melalong Cream after food. However, this may not be reflective of how you should consume this medicine. Please follow your doctor’s advice on how you should eat this medicine.
- Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?
- If you experience drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or a headache as side-effects when eating Melalong Cream medicine then it may not be safe to drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery. One should not drive a vehicle if eating the medicine makes you drowsy, dizzy or lowers your blood-pressure extensively. Pharmacists also advise patients not to drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side-effects. Please check for these effects on your body when using Melalong Cream. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
- Is this medicine or product addictive or habit forming?
- Most medicines don’t come with a potential for addiction or abuse. Usually, government’s categorizes medicines that can be addictive as controlled substances. Examples include schedule H or X in India and schedule II-V in the US. Please consult the product package to make sure that the medicine does not belong to such special categorizations of medicines. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence to medicines without the advice of a doctor.
- Can it be stopped immediately or do I have to slowly ween off consumption?
- Some medicines need to be tapered or cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Please consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body, health and other medications that you may be using.
For more information visit us our website: mymedistore.com