What is Ambrodil Plus?
Ambrodil Plus Syrup is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Cough Relief, Cough, Breathing Illnesses, Congestion, Common Cold, Bronchitis and other conditions.
Ambrodil Plus Syrup contains Ambroxol, Ammonium Chloride, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Guaiphenesin, Menthol, and Pseudoephedrine as active ingredients.
Ambrodil Plus Syrup works by thinning the mucus in the air passages; converting the ammonia to urea by the liver; regulating the acid-base balance; liquefying and loosening thick mucus that can be coughed out easily; temporarily relieving minor pain; blocking a natural chemical that makes during an allergic rejection; causing narrowing of the blood vessels and reduces swelling in the nasal passages;
Ambrodil Plus Syrup Uses
Ambrodil Plus Syrup is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Cough Relief
- Breathing Illnesses
- Common Cold
- Metabolic Alkalosis
- Respiratory Tract Diseases
- Thickened Mucus Cough
- Pain In Arthritis
- Pain In Shoulder Joint
- Pain In Tendons
- Pain In Muscle Strains Or Sprains
- Back Pain
- Runny Nose
- Sneezing I Itching
- Watery Eyes Caused By Allergies
- Allergies Due To Food
- High Fever
- Sinus Congestion And Pressure
Ambrodil Plus Syrup Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Ambrodil Plus Syrup improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Thinning the mucus in the air passages.
- Converting the ammonia to urea by the liver; regulating the acid-base balance.
- Liquefying and loosening thick mucus that can be coughed out easily.
- Temporarily relieving minor pain.
- Blocking a natural chemical that makes during an allergic rejection.
- Causing narrowing of the blood vessels and reduces swelling in the nasal passages.
Ambrodil Plus Syrup – Composition and Active Ingredients
Ambrodil Plus Syrup is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Guaiphenesin (50 MG)
- Ammonium Chloride (100 MG)
- Ambroxol (15 MG)
- Menthol (1 MG)
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate (2 MG)
- Pseudoephedrine (30 MG)
Ambrodil Plus Syrup – Side-effects
- Stomach Pain
- Loose Motions
- Itchy Skin Rash
- Urge To Vomit
- Pain At The Site Of Injection
- Infection At The Site Of Injection
- Venous Thrombosis
Ambrodil Plus Syrup – Precautions & How to Use
- Alcohol consumption
- Avoid taking drugs that suppress cough
- Avoid taking this drug too close to bedtime
- Cautiously do exercise in case of elderly, pylori duodenal obstruction, angle-closure glaucoma, epilepsy, renal and hepatic impairment
- Consult your doctor if you have a history of allergic reactions of skin, severe liver or kidney problems
- Consult your doctor in case of bladder neck obstruction and hypertension
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
Ambrodil Plus Syrup – Drug Interactions
- Cardiac glycosides
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Ambrodil Plus Syrup Contraindications
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe allergic reactions of skin
- Swelling on face, neck throat or tongue