What is Cheston DT?
Cheston DT Tablet is used for Cough, Bronchitis, Breathing Problems, Sinusitis, Chest Congestion and other conditions.
Cheston DT Tablet contains Bromhexine, and Guaifenesin as active ingredients.
Cheston DT Tablet works by facilitating the easy removal of mucus from respiratory tract by making it thin; reducing the phlegm in the air passages;
Detailed information related to Cheston DT Tablet’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Cheston DT Tablet Uses
Cheston DT Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Breathing Problems
- Chest Congestion
Cheston DT Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Cheston DT Tablet improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Facilitating the easy removal of mucus from respiratory tract by making it thin.
- Reducing the phlegm in the air passages.
Cheston DT Tablet – Composition and Active Ingredients
Cheston DT Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Bromhexine (4 MG)
- Guaifenesin (50 MG)
Cheston DT Tablet – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Cheston DT Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Swelling Of Tissue Under The Skin
- Anaphylactic Reactions Which May Manifest As Sudden
Cheston DT Tablet – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Consult your doctor if suffering from lung infection, breathing difficulty while resting, blood in the mucus, fever and chest pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, severe uncontrolled asthma, stomach ulcers, liver or kidney problems
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop breathing difficulty, swelling on your face, neck throat or tongue
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney problems, or if you are taking alcohol
- If you have asthma, inflammation of air passages, lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked
- In case of serious allergic reactions or developing skin lesions, stop taking this medicine and consult your doctor
- Inform your doctor while undergoing urine tests, if have recently taken or are taking guaifenesin as it can affect some result
Cheston DT Tablet – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Cheston DT Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Cheston DT Tablet should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing difficulty
- Taking more than one cough or cold medicine
Cheston DT Tablet – Frequently asked Questions
- Is Cheston DT Tablet safe to consume or apply when pregnant?
o Bromhexine: Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
o Guaifenesin: No
- Is Cheston DT Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
o Bromhexine: Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
o Guaifenesin: No
- Can Cheston DT Tablet be used for cough and bronchitis?
Yes, cough and bronchitis are among the most common reported uses for Cheston DT Tablet. Please do not use Cheston DT Tablet for cough and bronchitis without consulting first with your doctor. Click here to find out what other patients report as common uses for Cheston DT Tablet.