What is Folnew?
Folnew Capsule is used for Anemia Due To Folic Acid Deficiency, Poor Diet, Poor Absorption Of Food, Increased Requirement Of Folate In The Body During Pregnancy, Folate Deficiency and other conditions.
Folnew Capsule contains Folic Acid as an active ingredient.
Folnew Capsule works by producing and maturing the red blood cells.
Detailed information related to Folnew Capsule’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Folnew Capsule Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Folnew Capsule improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Producing and maturing the red blood cells.
Folnew Capsule – Composition and Active Ingredients
Folnew Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Folic Acid
Folnew Capsule – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Folnew Capsule. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Allergic Rejection
- Bitter Taste In The Mouth
- Sleeping Disturbances
Folnew Capsule – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to it
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
Folnew Capsule – Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Folnew Capsule may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Folnew Capsule may interact with the following drugs and products:
Folnew Capsule – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Folnew Capsule is a contraindication. In addition, Folnew Capsule should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Untreated vitamin B12 deficiency anemia
Other important Information on Folnew Capsule
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Folnew Capsule
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Folnew Capsule, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Folnew Capsule
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Folnew Capsule.