What is Sorvate C?
Sorvate C Ointment is used for Psoriasis, Redness, Itching, Dryness And Swelling Of Scalp, Vitamin D Deficiency, Bone Diseases In Renal Osteodystrophy, Postmenopausal Osteoporosis, Dryness And Swelling Of Skin and other conditions.
Sorvate C Ointment contains Calcitriol, and Clobetasol as active ingredients.
Sorvate C Ointment works by increasing calcium absorption in intestine thus enhancing calcium levels in blood; decreasing the immune responses;
Detailed information related to Sorvate C Ointment’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Sorvate C Ointment Uses
Sorvate C Ointment is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Redness, Itching, Dryness And Swelling Of Scalp
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Bone Diseases In Renal Osteodystrophy
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
Sorvate C Ointment Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Sorvate C Ointment improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Increasing calcium absorption in intestine thus enhancing calcium levels in blood.
- Decreasing the immune responses.
Sorvate C Ointment – Composition and Active Ingredients
Sorvate C Ointment is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Calcitriol (3 MCG/1 GM)
- Clobetasol (0.5 MG/1 GM)
Sorvate C Ointment – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Sorvate C Ointment. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- High Calcium Levels In Blood
- Blood Creatinine Increased
- Abdominal Pain
Sorvate C Ointment – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid using antacids
- Clean the skin before a fresh dressing
- Do not take any other forms of Vitamin D
- Do not use in conditions such as fungal skin infections, severe flushing of skin on and around your nose, spotty red rash around your mouth, infected skin, itchy skin around the genitals
- Drink plenty of fluids
- External use
Sorvate C Ointment – Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Sorvate C Ointment may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Sorvate C Ointment may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Ascorbic acid
Sorvate C Ointment – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Sorvate C Ointment is a contraindication. In addition, Sorvate C Ointment should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Decreased function of the adrenal gland
- High blood sugar
- Patients with hypercalcemia or evidence of vitamin D toxicity
- Skin stretch marks
Other important Information on Sorvate C Ointment
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Sorvate C Ointment
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Sorvate C Ointment, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Sorvate C Ointment
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Sorvate C Ointment.