What is Viscomet?
Viscomet Injection is used for Burning, Irritation And Discomfort Of Dry Eye Conditions, Deficient Tear Production, Infrequent Blinking, Extended Use Of Computer Screen Or Television, Dry Atmospheric Conditions, Insertion Of Hard Contact Lenses And Increase Comfort During Wear and other conditions.Viscomet Injection contains Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose as an active ingredient.Viscomet Injection works by reducing dryness and irritation by wetting and lubricating the surface of eye.
What are the uses of Viscomet?
- Burning, Irritation And Discomfort Of Dry Eye Conditions
- Deficient Tear Production
- Infrequent Blinking
- Extended Use Of Computer Screen Or Television
- Dry Atmospheric Conditions
- Insertion Of Hard Contact Lenses And Increase Comfort During Wear
- Eye Examinations And Surgeries
What are the side-effects of Viscomet Injection?
The most commonly reported side-effects of Viscomet Injection are momentary stinging, burning in eyes, and blurring of vision.
The following is a list of possible side effects that may occur from the use of Viscomet Injection. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Momentary Stinging
- Burning In Eyes
- Blurring Of Vision
Viscomet Injection – Precautions & How to Use
- Avoid reuse of cannula
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop eye pain
- Do not fill eye chamber
- Do not use the eye drop if it changes color or becomes cloudy
- If redness or irritation in the eye persists or worsen
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
- Remove your soft contact lenses before use of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose eye drops and wait for at least 15min before you insert them again
- Wait until vision has cleared before driving or operating machinery
Viscomet Injection Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Viscomet Injection is a contraindication. In addition, Viscomet Injection should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Ophthalmic medication