CAREPROST EYE DROPS-3 ML (BIMATOPROST OPTHALMIC SOLUTION)
WHAT IS CAREPROST EYE DROPS (BIMATOPROST)?
- Careprost Eye Drops Contains an active ingredient Bimatoprost 0.03%, Which is used to treat patients having hypotrichosis (short eyelashes). It increases the length, thickness, and color of eyelashes.
- These eye drops are also used to reduce intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients diagnosed with glaucoma. By alleviating the pressure the risks of blindness associated with this condition are significantly reduced.
HOW SHOULD I USE CAREPROST EYE DROPS (BIMATOPROST)?
If you are using Careprost Eye Drops (Bimatoprost) to treat glaucoma, you should apply the drops directly to the eye. Tilt your head backward, and pull down the lower eyelid to form a pouch, and apply one drop to the pouch. Repeat for the other eye if necessary.
For patients using this product to help eyelash growth, the procedure is different. You should use an applicator brush, like the one available here. Before applying it, you should remove all makeup and contact lenses. The medication is applied by drawing the applicator across the skin of the upper eyelid, from the inner part of the eyelash line to the outer part. Do not apply it directly to the eye. This medication should not be used on the lower eyelids. If you get any of it in the eye, it is not likely to cause any harm. You should use this medication as prescribed by your physician. If you are using it to help with the growth of your eyelashes, it may take up to 2 months for the full benefits to be noticed.
WHAT IS THE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS FOR CAREPROST EYE DROPS (BIMATOPROST)?
Headaches, eye pain or irritation, Eye tearing, Dry eyes, Burning eyes
It is possible for hair growth to occur in areas where it is not intended (areas around the eye exposed to the medication frequently). Ensure that you remove any excess medication from around the eyelashes. When Careprost (Bimatoprost) is used for glaucoma that is when it is applied directly into the eye, it may gradually (slowly) cause brown discoloration of the colored part of the eye (iris). This effect is not observed when used for hypotrichosis of the eyelashes.
The side effects listed above are not the only ones due to Careprost (Bimatoprost). There may be others. Stop using this medication and seek medical attention right away if you experience any serious side effects.
WHEN CAREPROST EYE (BIMATOPROST) DROP IS PRESCRIBED?
The carport eye drop is indicated for-
- Hypotrichosis (deficiency of eyelashes)
- Open-angle glaucoma
- Intra Ocular hypertension (increased eye pressure)
PLEASE NOTE FOR CAREPROST EYE (BIMATOPROST)
- Strictly follow all instructions provided to you by your physician or pharmacist while using Careprost Eye Drops (Bimatoprost). Optimum and safe dosage can differ based on the patient and the condition being treated.
- As this medication may be unsafe for certain patients, it is essential you always inform your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as well as if you have any allergies, other illnesses, or ongoing health conditions, and if you are taking any other form of medication, supplements, or herbal products.
- Immediately seek emergency medical care if you have any allergic or hypersensitive reactions. Common signs of a reaction include hives, swelling, skin rashes, chest pains, as well as trouble breathing or swallowing.
WHAT IS EXPERT ADVICE FOR CAREPROST EYE (BIMATOPROST)
- Your sight may become blurred for a short time just after using Bimatoprost. You should not drive or use machines until your sight is clear again.
- Do not use drops when you are wearing contact lenses. Use your contact lenses 15 minutes after instilling Bimatoprost eye drops.
- Bimatoprost may cause your eyelashes to darken and grow longer, and also cause the skin around the eyelid to darken. The color of your iris (a black circular portion in the eye) may also go darker over time. These changes may be permanent and may be more noticeable if you are treating only one eye.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- If you are using another topical eye medication, administer it at least 5 minutes before or after using Bimatoprost eye drops.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR CAREPROST EYE (BIMATOPROST)