Gabapin 800 mg (Gabapentin)
Whta is Uses for Gabapin 800 mg (Gabapentin)?
How Gabapin 800 mg (Gabapentin) works
The exact mechanism of action is unknown; however, Gabapin 800 mg capsule treats fits (epilepsy by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain. It also relieves the pain of peripheral neuropathic pain by changing the way the body senses pain.
What is gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg)?
Gabapentin is an anti-epileptic medication, also called an anticonvulsant. It affects chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in the cause of seizures and some types of pain. Gabapentin is used in adults to treat nerve pain caused by the herpes virus or shingles (herpes zoster). The Horizant brand of gabapentin is also used to treat restless legs syndrome (RLS). The Neurontin brand of gabapentin is also used to treatseizures in adults and children who are at least 3 years old. Use only the brand and form of gabapentin that your doctor has prescribed. Check your medicine each time you get a refill at the pharmacy, to make sure you have received the correct form of this medication.
What is Important information for gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg)?
Follow all directions on your medicine label and package. Tell each of your healthcare providers about all your medical conditions, allergies, and all medicines you use.
Before taking gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg) medicine
You should not use gabapentin if you are allergic to it.
To make sure gabapentin is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
– kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
– epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
– liver disease;
– a history of depression, mood disorder, drug abuse, or suicidal thoughts or actions;
– heart disease; or
– (for patients with RLS) if you are a day sleeper or work a night shift.
Some people have thoughts about suicide while taking this medicine. Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using gabapentin. Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms.
It is not known whether this medicine will harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Gabapentin can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding a baby.
How to take gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg)?
Before starting this treatment, read the manufacturer’s printed information leaflet from inside the pack. It will give you more information about gabapentin and will provide you with a full list of the side effects which you may experience from taking it.
– Take gabapentin exactly as your doctor tells you to. There are several different strengths of gabapentin tablets and capsules available, and you could be prescribed more than one strength.
– You will be advised to take a low dose when you first start taking gabapentin, and then to increase the dose over a few days. This is to allow your body to get used to it. Most people take three doses a day once they are on a regular maintenance dose. Your doctor will explain all this to you, and the dosing directions will be printed on the label of the pack. If you are still unsure about how to take your doses, ask your pharmacist to advise you.
– You can take gabapentin before or after food. Swallow the tablets/capsules with a drink of water. If you have been supplied with oral liquid medicine, see the instructions below for using the oral dosing syringe.
– Once you are taking a regular amount of gabapentin, try to take your doses at the same times each day. This will help you avoid missing doses.
– If you need to take an antacid or indigestion remedy, do not take it during the two hours before or the two hours after you take gabapentin. This is because antacids reduce the amount of gabapentin that your body absorbs.
What happens if I miss a dose for gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Be sure to take the medicine with food. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
In case of emergency/overdose for gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg)
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.
What is Common side effects for gabapentin (Gabapin 800 mg)?
Aggression, Behavioral changes, Sleeping for unusually long periods
What is EXPERT ADVICE FOR GABAPIN 800 mg(gabapentin)?
– If you develop thoughts of harming or killing yourself (suicidal ideation)or behavior.
– If you develop an allergic reaction after taking one or more doses of gabapentin (hypersensitivity).
– with symptoms such as rash, fever, or swelling of lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy).
If you have any kidney problems or currently on hemodialysis.
If you develop muscle pain and/ or weakness.
If you develop symptoms such as persistent stomach pain, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, contact your doctor immediately as these may be symptoms of inflammation of the pancreas (acute pancreatitis).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR GABAPIN 800 mg (gabapentin)?
Gabapentin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
FROM WHERE I CAN BUY GABAPIN 800 MG?
MyMediStore is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Gabapentin 800 mg online and assure maximum benefits.
What is DISCLAIMER for GABAPIN 800 mg (gabapentin)?
We provide only general information about medications that do not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim the reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
For More Information visit our website: mymedistore.com