Heptos 200 mg (Ribavirin)
How it works
Common side effects
back pain, neck pain, viral infection resulting in painful blisters, dizziness, weight decreased, low blood pressure, changes in the sense of taste, sensation of room spinning, chills, loss of appetite, overactive and underactive thyroid gland, indigestion, diarrhea, decreased s**ual desire, Low blood cells, pulsation of the heart beats, dry mouth, fainting, thirst, sleepiness, inability to sleep, difficulty concentrating, nausea, tremor, weakness, numbness, loss of hair, bleeding gums, nose and throat inflammation, inflammation of tongue and mouth, shortness of breath with or without activity, rapid heart rate, sensitivity to sunlight, inability to maintain an erection ., psoriasis, tiredness, and skin reactions, eye pain, eye inflammation and dry eyes, fever, difficulty swallowing, tingling, gas, vomiting, burning sensation, depression, fungal infection of the mouth, muscle cramps, increased sweating, malaise, muscle weakness, decreased muscle strength, chest pain, bone pain, poor memory, swelling in the extremities, nervousness, nose bleeds, lethargy, ringing in ears, ear pain, pain in joints and muscles, flu-like illness, upper respiratory infection, enlarged lymph glands, cough, blurry vision, hot flushes, throat and sinuses, pain and irritability, mouth ulceration, flushing, muscle pain, aggression, shaking, infections of the nose, abdominal pain, night sweats, nightmares, anxiety, headache, bronchitis, migraine, mood /emotion changes, constipation, runny nose, joint inflammation.
- • This drug should be used only in combination with pegylated alfa interferon.
- • Take precautions as ribavirin may cause low red cell count (anaemia) that can worsen any heart problems you have and can cause you to have a heart attack that can be life-threatening.
- • Do not drive or operate machinery as ribavirin may make you drowsy, dizzy, or confused.
- • Do consult your doctor if you have liver problems other than HCV (e.g. cirrhosis or have had a liver transplant), HIV infection, kidney problems or depression.
- • Take necessary precautions as ribavirin does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through s**ual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
- • Drink extra fluids to stay hydrated during treatment with ribavirin.
Frequently asked questions