Osteofos 35 mg (Alendronic Acid)
What is USES for Osteofos 35 mg (Alendronic Acid)?
HOW Osteofos 35 mg (Alendronic Acid) WORKS.
Osteofos 35 mg tablet belongs to the class of medications called bisphosphonates. It acts by slowing bone breakdown process, increasing bone density (thickness), and decreasing the amount of calcium released from the bones into the blood.
WHAT IS SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
Sodium Alendronate manufactured under the brand names Fosamax, Osteofos (by Cipla) among several other trade names worldwide is used to treat or prevent osteoporosis caused by menopause or by taking st***ds (both men and women).
Sodium Alendronate medication changes the process of bone formation and breakdown in the body. It reduces bone loss while helping more bone mass production which may prevent bone fractures. This medication is also used to treat Paget’s disease of bone in both men and women.
Sodium Alendronate may also be given for conditions not listed above.
ABOUT ALENDRONIC ACID (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
Osteoporosis is a bone disease which causes your bones to become brittle and fragile, making them prone to breaks and fractures. During our lifetime, old bone tissue is constantly being broken down and replaced by new bone. After the age of about 30-35 years, our bone begins to lose density because old bone is lost faster than new bone can replace it. Women, in particular, have an increased risk of developing osteoporosis, as they lose bone material rapidly after the menopause.
Alendronic acid belongs to a group of medicines known as bisphosphonates. These medicines slow down the rate at which old bone is lost. As your body continues to make new bone, this leads to an overall increase in bone density. This reduces your risk of broken bones and fractures. You may be prescribed alendronic acid to take once a day (10 mg strength tablets), or alternatively once a week (70 mg strength tablets/medicine).
BEFORE TAKING ABOUT ALENDRONIC ACID (OSTEOFOS 35 MG).
Some medicines are not suitable for people with certain conditions, and sometimes a medicine may only be used if extra care is taken. For these reasons, before you start taking alendronic acid it is important that your doctor knows:
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
• If you have ever had any difficulties swallowing.
• If you have had a stomach ulcer, stomach bleeding or any surgery on your upper digestive system within the last year.
• If you are due to have any dental treatment in the near future, or if you have not recently had a dental check-up.
• If you have any problems with the way your kidneys work.
• If you are unable to sit upright for at least 30 minutes.
• If you have been told you have low amounts of calcium in your blood.
• If you are taking any other medicines. This includes any medicines you are taking which are OTC, such as herbal and complementary medicines.
• If you have ever had an allergic reaction to medicine.
HOE SHOULD I TAKE SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
Take Sodium Alendronate medication (Fosamax, Osteofos) strictly as directed by your doctor. Don’t alter the dosage under any situation unless or otherwise advised by your doctor or you may witness dangerous effects of the medication.
Sodium Alendronate tablets are taken either once daily or once per week depending on person to person. Always follow your doctor’s prescription. Take this medication first thing in the morning, at least 30 minutes before you eat or drink anything or take any other medicine. If you are on a weekly course of Sodium Alendronate, then take it on the same day each week and always before eating or drinking anything in the morning.
Take each Sodium Alendronate tablet with a full glass of plain water (don’t use bottled or mineral water). Swallow the tablet whole avoiding chewing, crushing or sucking the tablet. After taking Sodium Alendronate medication, sit upright and don’t lie down or recline for at least 30 minutes; don’t eat or drink anything other than plain water; don’t take any other medications like vitamin and mineral supplements for at least 30 minutes. Ask your doctor for the best dosing schedule.
Your bone mineral density will be tested regularly to see if the Sodium Alendronate medication is having its proper effects. You may have to take this medication for a long period (3-5 years) if you take it for osteoporosis. Go for regular follow up checkups so that your progress can be reviewed properly.
WHAT IS I MISS A DOSE OF SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
If you miss a dose of Sodium Alendronate and you are on a daily schedule, then do not take it later in the day. Instead, continue with the normal schedule from the next day. Don’t take 2 tablets in a single day to make up for the missed dose.
If you are on a weekly schedule and you miss a dose, then take it first thing in the morning, the next day and continue the proper schedule. However, remember not to take 2 tablets in any circumstances.
WHAT IF I OVERDOSE FOR SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
In case of an overdose of Sodium Alendronate medication, drink a full glass of milk and get emergency medical help right immediately. Don’t try to induce vomiting as well as don’t lie down.
Signs of overdose may include stomach pain, heartburn, nausea, diarrhea, muscle cramps, numbness or tingling, muscle tightness in your face, seizure, irritability, or bizarre thoughts or behavior.
WHAT IS COMMON SIDE EFFECTS FOR SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
Esophageal ulcer, Esophageal erosions, Esophagitis, Rash, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Decreased phosphate level in blood, Diarrhoea, Difficulty in swallowing, Skin redness, Flatulence, Headache, Heartburn, Muscle pain, Retrosternal pain
WHAT IS INTERACTION FOR SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
FOOD : It is better to take this medicine empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
ALCOHOL : It is generally safe to consume alcohol with this medicine.
PREGNANCY : It may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the fetus, however, there are limited human studies. The potential benefits may outweigh the risks. Please consult your doctor.
LACTATION : Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
WHAT IS GETTING THE MOST FROM YOUR TREATMENT FOR SODIUM ALENDRONATE (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
- Try to keep your regular appointments with your doctor. This is so your doctor can check on your progress. It is likely you will need to have regular blood tests during this treatment.
- If you are taking other medicines, wait at least 30 minutes after taking alendronic acid before taking your other medicines. If you buy any medicines ‘over-the-counter’, check with a pharmacist that they are suitable for you to take. This is because mineral supplements, iron preparations, and some indigestion remedies reduce the amount of alendronic acid which your body absorbs. This can make your treatment less effective.
- Good dental hygiene is particularly important while you are taking alendronic acid – brush your teeth regularly and remember to have routine dental check-ups. Tell your dentist that you are taking alendronic acid, as some dental treatments may not be recommended for you.
- Eating a well-balanced diet and taking regular exercise can help your bones stay strong. Remember to follow any exercise or dietary advice that your doctor gives to you.
- Chemicals from tobacco can get into your bloodstream and can affect your bones, making bone loss worse. If you are a smoker, you should try to quit if possible. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice on how to stop smoking.
HOW TO STORE ALENDRONIC ACID (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
- • Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- • Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct heat and light.
WHAT IS EXPERT ADVICE FOR ALENDRONIC ACID (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
• before taking any food, drink, or other medicine
• with plain water only (not with mineral water, milk, coffee, tea or juice).
• stay fully upright (sitting, standing or walking) for at least 30 minutes after swallowing the tablet.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR ALENDRONIC ACID (OSTEOFOS 35 MG).
Alendronic acid has a common side effect of causing hair loss. However, it is not known to cause cancer, tiredness or increase in blood pressure. Consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
From Where I can Buy Osteofos 35 mg?
MyMediStore is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Osteofos 35 mg online and assure maximum benefits. Mymedistore is a Chemist warehouse of Osteofos Chemist warehouse.
What is Disclaimer for ALENDRONIC ACID (OSTEOFOS 35 MG)?
We provide only general information about medications which does not cover all directions, possible drug integrations, or precautions. Information at the site cannot be used for self-treatment and self-diagnosis. Any specific instructions for a particular patient should be agreed with your health care adviser or doctor in charge of the case. We disclaim reliability of this information and mistakes it could contain. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other indirect damage as a result of any use of the information on this site and also for consequences of self-treatment.
For more Information visit us our website: mymedistore.com