OXITAN 100MG/25ML (OXALIPLATIN).
HOW TO USES FOR OXITAN 100MG/25ML (OXALIPLATIN).
Oxaliplatin is utilized in combination with other anticancer medicines to treat advanced cancer cells (not cured by various other medications) of the colon, anus, or as extra therapy following surgical procedure to remove a lump in the colon.
HOW OXITAN 100MG/25ML (OXALIPLATIN) WORKS.
Oxaliplatin belongs to a class of medicines called platinum including anti-neoplastic medications. It functions by interfering with DNA structure and function, therefore, eliminating cancer cells and also slowing lump growth.
WHAT IS COMMON ADVERSE EFFECTS FOR OXITAN 100MG/25ML (OXALIPLATIN)?
pain in the back, anal hemorrhage, hyperhidrosis, weight gain or loss, arthralgia, dizziness, Infection of nose or breathing system, dysgeusia, pulmonary embolism, looseness of the bowels, elevated blood creatinine., motor neuritis, epistaxis, hypokalaemia, nausea, outer sensory neuropathy, asthenia, hiccups, gastroesophageal reflux, deep vein thrombosis, high temperature, electrolyte inequality, throwing up, raised liver enzyme, clinical depression, blood glucose abnormalities, injection site reaction, coughing, conjunctivitis, dysuria, bone pain, hematuria, alopecia, nail condition, vision disruption, dyspnoea, fatigue, allergic reaction, breakout, leukocyte or platelets, irregular micturition regularity, stomatitis, flushing, anorexia nervosa, stomach pain, skin peeling, meningism, migraine, lowered blood cell matter including low red cell, irregularity, dyspepsia, insomnia.
WHAT IS PROFESSIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS FOR OXITAN 100MG/25ML (OXALIPLATIN)?
- Do not begin oxaliplatin if your blood counts are as well reduced or have a weakness, pins and needles, disruptions of sensation or taste after taking oxaliplatin treatment if you are taking 5-fluorouracil.
- Take preventative measures as oxaliplatin might lower the ability of your body battle infections.
- Avoid circumstances that may place you in danger of bleeding as oxaliplatin can minimize clot-forming cells in your body.
- Take essential precautions as oxaliplatin can make you extra sensitive to chilly, which can trigger tingling, tingling, as well as muscle spasms.
- Do not drive or operate equipment as oxaliplatin can cause nausea, throwing up, dizziness, and various other neurologic signs.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR OXITAN 100MG/25ML (OXALIPLATIN).
Q. IS OXALIPLATIN SAFE IN MATERNITY?
Oxaliplatin might damage the unborn child. Oxaliplatin must not be provided while pregnant. Please follow your doctor’s recommendations regarding its usage.
Q. IS IT RISK-FREE TO USE OXALIPLATIN THROUGHOUT NURSING?
Oxaliplatin should not be given during breastfeeding. Please follow your doctor’s recommendations regarding its usage.
Q. IS OXALIPLATIN A VESICANT, CHEMO MEDICINE, ALKYLATING AGENT?
Oxaliplatin is a vesicant, chemotherapeutic drug. Oxaliplatin is not an alkylating representative it is a platinum-containing antineoplastic representative.
Q. IS OXALIPLATIN VERY EMETOGENIC, OTOTOXIC (HEARING LOSS), CAUSE HAIR LOSS, INABILITY TO CONCEIVE, LOOSENESS OF THE BOWELS, NEUROPATHY, COOL LEVEL OF SENSITIVITY?
Oxaliplatin is highly emetogenic, can cause hair loss, short-term infertility, diarrhea, neuropathy, cool level of sensitivity. Oxaliplatin is not ototoxic.
Q. EXACTLY HOW IS OXALIPLATIN PROVIDED?
Oxaliplatin is carried out as an intravenous mixture or bolus shot.