REESHAPE 120 MG (ORLISTAT)
Orlistat blocks some of the facts that you eat from being absorbed by your body. Orlistat is used in the management of obesity including weight loss and weight maintenance when used with a reduced-calorie diet. Reshape is the new weight loss medication phenomenon manufactured by Meyer Organics Laboratories.
Generic medicines contain the same active ingredient and are equally effective and medically equivalent as the branded products but are available at a lower price. Generic manufacturers have to demonstrate that they are medically identical to the branded product – i.e. they offer the same quality, strength, stability, and effectiveness.
WHAT IS REESHAPE 120 MG (ORLISTAT)?
Reshape is a brand name for generic Orlistat 120 mg. Reshape is manufactured by Meyer Organics and contains the active ingredient Orlistat 120 mg. Orlistat 120 mg is used in the treatment of obesity. Orlistat prevents your body from absorbing the fat from the food you eat. By reducing the amount of fat that is absorbed, Orlistat can help you to lose weight more easily. Medically there is no difference between generic Orlistat and Reshape although Orlistat is generally available at a lower price.
WHEN SHOULD YOU USE ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG )?
If you have previously tried losing weight through diet and exercise and have not had the desired results you may wish to consider trying to use Orlistat. Orlistat is clinically proven to help you lose 50% more weight than through dieting alone. Orlistat is only suitable for people with a BMI over 30 or for people with a BMI of over 28 who have conditions related to weight such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
HOW DOES ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG) WORK?
• Reshape works in a unique way. The active ingredient, Orlistat, attaches itself to some of the body’s natural enzymes that break down fat, so you don’t absorb it. This prevents some of the fat you eat from being absorbed.
• If you eat an excessive amount of fat or calories, the excess is stored as fat by the body, resulting in weight gain. When you eat fat, your body breaks it down into its simplest components so that it can be digested.
• Orlistat works in your digestive system to block about one-third of the fat in the food you eat from being digested.
• Enzymes in your digestive system, called lipases, help digest (or break down) fat. When taken with meals, Orlistat attaches to the lipases and blocks them from breaking down some of the fat you have eaten.
• The undigested fat cannot be absorbed and is eliminated in your bowel movements. By working this way, Orlistat helps block about one-third of the fat in the foods you eat from being absorbed by your body.
• Orlistat isn’t a stimulant or an appetite suppressant. It’s formulated to work only in your digestive system and should not affect your heart rate, your brain or cause sleeplessness. The safety and efficacy of Orlistat have been established in more than 100 clinical studies with data from over 30,000 people.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG) MEDICINE?
• Orlistat is taken by mouth and swallowed with a drink of liquid. You can take orlistat with each main meal that contains about 30% of the calories from fat. Or you can take the capsule one hour after the meal. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. If you occasionally miss a meal or have a meal without fat, you can omit that dose of orlistat. Doses greater than 120 mg three times per day have not been shown to increase weight loss.
• You should use orlistat with a reduced-calorie diet that contains no more than about 30% of the calories from fat. Divide your daily intake of fat, carbohydrates, and protein evenly over your 3 main meals. You should try to follow a healthy eating plan as prescribed by your doctor such as the one developed by the American Heart Association. Following this eating plan can help reduce the possible GI side effects from orlistat.
• Contact your pediatrician or health care professional regarding the use of this medicine in children. Special care may be needed.
NOTE: This medicine is only for you. Do not share this medicine with others.
WHAT IF I MISS A DOSE FOR ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG)?
If you miss a dose, take it within one hour following the meal that contains fat. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.
WHAT MAY INTERACT WITH ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG) MEDICINE?
• Dietary supplements, such as beta-carotene and vitamins A, D, E, and K
• drugs used to treat diabetes
Tell your prescriber or other health care professional about all other medicines you are taking including non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, or herbal products. Also, tell your prescriber or health care professional if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol, if you smoke or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your medicine works. Check before stopping or starting any of your medications.
WHAT IS SIDE EFFECTS FOR ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG)?
Reshape works in the stomach and so its most common side effect is also observed therein; this is in the form of increased bowel movements. Other Reshape side effects include symptoms of vitamin deficiency, headache, fatigue, and diarrhea. Doctors ask patients to take their Reshape dosage with their meal or up to one hour after.
It is generally hard to overdose on Reshape, but the major effect of such an event would be dangerous dehydration. On the whole, Reshape is a safe drug for adults and adolescents alike, though its effects during pregnancy have not been studied in detail. Pregnant women should, therefore, avoid this medication. In terms of dose strength, the generic alternatives of Reshape might vary from the branded version, and so you might have to check for severity of side effects too.
WHERE CAN I KEEP MY MEDICINE FOR ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG)?
Keep out of the reach of children in a container that small children cannot open.
Storage at 25° C (77° F) is preferred. You may store at 15° to 30°C (59° to 86° F). Protect from moisture. Keep the container tightly closed. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
When you start taking Orlistat you will be given a weight loss target for the first 3 months. This target is 5% of your weight. If you succeed in losing 5% of your weight, you will be eligible to continue taking Orlistat. Pharmacists can supply Orlistat for up to two years.
Each time Orlistat is supplied you will need to supply your pharmacist with your current weight. If your weight goes up in any three months, Orlistat will need to be stopped. If you lose enough weight for your BMI to fall below 28, Orlistat can no longer be supplied.
Some people do not succeed in losing weight with Orlistat. These people should not be disheartened. They can have a break of 6 months and try again later, or see a doctor or a weight loss clinic as alternatives. Losing weight, like many things that are hard to achieve, takes perseverance and resolve, so do not give up.
WHAT IS GUIDELINES BEFORE TAKING FOR ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG)?
The most important guideline to remember is to never take Reshape without your doctor’s advice. At the same time, you should also cut back on your fat intake. While Reshape does cut out a major portion of your fat intake, too much fat content will not allow it to work. Last but not the least; remember to add some vitamin supplements to your diet as Reshape can cause necessary vitamins to be flushed out with fats.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON DOSAGES OF REESHAPE (GENERIC ORLISTAT)?
The standard dosage that Reshapes is available in is 120 mg. This is in capsule form. However, generic versions might be in different forms.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BRAND ORLISTAT AND GENERIC ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG)
The difference is in the manufacturer and the manufacturing process. Branded drugs are manufactured by the company that conducted the research and received approval from the FDA. Generic drugs are manufactured by smaller companies who picked up on the drug after the patent expired. However, in most cases, brand Orlistat and generic Orlistat are the same in terms of their active ingredients and effects.
WHAT IS FAQ FOR ORLISTAT (REESHAPE 120 MG)?
1. HOW DOES ORLISTAT WORK?
Orlistat works primarily in the digestive system and prevents some of the fat from a meal from being absorbed. Orlistat is a non-systemically acting medicine because it acts locally in the digestive system – there is minimal absorption into the bloodstream.
2. HOW LONG CAN I TAKE ORLISTAT FOR?
Orlistat can be taken for as long as you are losing weight by your target amount every 3 months. If you put on weight or your BMI falls below 28 you will need to discontinue Orlistat.
3. HOW MANY TIMES A DAY DO I TAKE ORLISTAT?
The dose is a maximum of 3 times a day.
4. WHEN SHOULD I TAKE ORLISTAT?
Orlistat should be taken just before or during a meal, or up to one hour after the meal. If the meal you are eating does not contain any fat, you should not take Orlistat.
5. WHEN SHOULD I START TAKING ORLISTAT?
The best time to start taking Orlistat would be a few days after you begin your reduced calorie lower-fat diet. If you have already started a lower-fat reduced-calorie diet, you can start immediately.
6.CAN I TAKE TWO DOSES OF ORLISTAT WITH A MEAL TO HELP ME LOSE WEIGHT QUICKER?
No. You should never take more than the recommended dose of a medicine. Take one Orlistat capsule at mealtimes, three times a day. This usually means one capsule at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
7.WHAT PACK SIZE DOES ORLISTAT COME IN?
Orlistat capsules are available in packs of 42 (2 weeks), 84 (4 weeks), 168 (8 weeks), 252 (12 weeks).
8. IF I EAT A HIGH-FAT MEAL, SHOULD I TAKE TWO DOSES OF ORLISTAT?
No, you should never take more than the prescribed dose of a medicine. Take only one Orlistat capsule at mealtimes, three times a day, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Make every effort to avoid high-fat meals taking Orlistat. Taking Orlistat with a meal containing more fat than your recommended target may increase the chances of diet-related treatment effects.
9. SHOULD I TAKE ORLISTAT IF I KNOW I’M GOING TO EAT A MEAL HIGH IN FAT CONTENT?
If you know you are going to be eating a high-fat meal, do not take Orlistat with that meal. Taking Orlistat with a meal containing more fat than your recommended target may increase the chances of diet-related treatment effects. However, it’s important you make every effort to avoid high-fat meals or snacks while on the Orlistat weight loss program.
10. WHAT IF I EAT MORE THAN THREE MEALS A DAY? SHOULD I STILL TAKE ORLISTAT WITH EACH MEAL?
No, take no more than 3 doses of Orlistat a day. Just choose three meals that contain about 15 grams (Based on a diet of 1400 calories a day) of fat and take Orlistat with those meals. If you are eating more than 3 meals a day, you may need to check you are not exceeding your daily calorie target.
11. SHOULD I SKIP MEALS WHILST TAKING ORLISTAT?
Clinical studies have shown that Orlistat works best when you eat 3 healthy, low-fat meals a day, one of which is breakfast. If you skip a meal or you are certain your meal contains no fat, you can skip a dose.
12. IF ORLISTAT ONLY WORKS ON THE FAT IN MY FOOD, HOW DO I LOSE THE FAT IN MY BODY?
As you eat fewer calories on a reduced-calorie, lower-fat diet – and use Orlistat to prevent absorption of some of the fat you eat – your body will automatically tap into its fat stores and use them for the energy it needs. This leads to weight loss as your body burns its fat.
13. WHAT HAPPENS IF ORLISTAT IS TAKEN WITH A FAT-FREE MEAL?
Nothing, because there’s no fat for Orlistat to work on. Don’t take Orlistat if you’re going to eat a meal that doesn’t contain fat.
14. WHY SHOULD I TAKE A MULTIVITAMIN WHEN I’M TAKING ORLISTAT?
You should take a multivitamin every day because Orlistat can lower the levels of some fat-soluble vitamins absorbed by your body. The multivitamins should contain vitamins A, D, E and K. You should take the multivitamin at bedtime, when you will not be taking Orlistat, to help ensure that the vitamins are absorbed.
15. WHAT IF I FORGET TO TAKE ORLISTAT BEFORE A MEAL?
If you forget to take Orlistat and more than an hour has passed since your meal, do not take it. Just wait until your next meal and take Orlistat then. Never take two doses of Orlistat at the same time.
16. WHAT DOES ORLISTAT DO?
If you commit to a healthy lifestyle and follow a reduced-calorie, lower-fat diet, Orlistat can reward your hard work with 50% more weight loss. So, for every 2 lb, you lose by your own efforts, Orlistat can help you lose 1 lb more. They work in your digestive system to prevent some of the fat in your meals from being digested and absorbed. The unabsorbed fat passes naturally out of your body in your stools.
17. I AM ON A SODIUM-RESTRICTED DIET. IS IT OK TO TAKE ORLISTAT?
The level of sodium in Orlistat is very low and so you do not need to take this into account if you are on a controlled sodium diet.
18. I DON’T LIKE SWALLOWING TABLETS OR CAPSULES. CAN I OPEN AN ORLISTAT CAPSULE AND SPRINKLE THE CONTENTS OF THE CAPSULE ON MY FOOD?
No. You must swallow the capsule whole with water. You should not break the capsule open.
19. HOW LONG DOES ORLISTAT REMAIN IN MY BODY?
Since the time it takes people to digest food varies, the active ingredient in Orlistat can actually remain in your body for up to 48 to 72 hours, mainly because the time taken for food to pass through the digestive system varies from person to person. However, it only affects the fat absorption of meals that are eaten within a short time of taking Orlistat. Only a very small amount of Orlistat is absorbed into the bloodstream.
20. WHY SHOULD I TAKE THE MULTIVITAMIN AT BEDTIME?
If you take the multivitamin with a meal, at the same time that you take Orlistat, it can cause some of those vitamins to be lost. So it’s best to take the multivitamin at a time when you won’t be taking Orlistat, such as bedtime.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.Write A Review
There are no reviews yet.