What Is Synthivan?
Synthivan Tablet Is A Medicine That Is Used For The Treatment Of Hiv Infections, Synthivan Belongs To A Group Of Medication Called Azapeptide Hiv-1 Protease Inhibitor. Salvage Therapy In Patients With Drug Resistance, Hiv, Aids And Other Conditions. It Inhibits Some Viral Polypeptides In The Hiv-1 Infected Cells Of The Body And Inhibits And Prevents Maturation Of Virus In The Cells. This Medication Does Not Cure Hiv Infections; It Decreases The Risks Of Developing Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (Aids) And Other Hiv-Related Illnesses Due To Compromised Immunity. Ritonavir Belongs To A Class Of Medication Called Protease Inhibitors. It Prevents Hiv From Multiplying Inside The Body. Synthivan Tablet Contains Atazanavir, And Ritonavir As Active Ingredients. Synthivan Tablet Works By Inhibiting Maturation Of Virus In The Cells; Preventing Virus From Multiplying Inside The Body;
Medicine Uses :
Atazanavir Is Used In Combination With Other Anti-Retroviral Medicines For The Treatment Of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (Hiv-1) Infection. Ritonavir Is Used Along With Other Medication For Treating Human Immunodeficiency Virus (Hiv 1) Infection. It Does Not Completely Cure Hiv Or Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (Aids).
Atazanavir/Ritonavir Common Side Effects :
Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach Pain; Muscle Pain, Mild Itching Or Rash; Headache, Dizziness, Depressed Mood, Sleep Problems (Insomnia);
Numbness Or Burning Pain In Your Hands Or Feet; Or Changes In The Shape Or Location Of Body Fat (Especially In Your Arms, Legs, Face, Neck, Breasts, And Waist).
Atazanavir/Ritonavir May Increase Your Risk Of Certain Infections Or Autoimmune Disorders By Changing The Way Your Immune System Works. Symptoms May Occur Weeks Or Months After You Start Treatment With These. Tell Your Doctor If You Have:
• Signs Of A New Infection–Fever, Night Sweats, Swollen Glands, Diarrhea, Stomach Pain, Weight Loss; Chest Pain (Especially When You Breathe), Dry Cough, Wheezing, Feeling Short Of Breath;
• Cold Sores, Sores On Your Genital Or Anal Area; Rapid Heart Rate, Feeling Anxious Or Irritable, Weakness Or Prickly Feeling, Problems With Balance Or Eye Movement;
• Trouble Speaking Or Swallowing, Severe Lower Back Pain, Loss Of Bladder Or Bowel Control; Or Swelling In Your Neck Or Throat (Enlarged Thyroid), Menstrual Changes, Impotence, Loss Of Interest In S**.
Stop Taking The Medicine And Call Your Doctor At Once If You Have:
• Headache With Chest Pain And Severe Dizziness, Fainting, Fast Or Pounding Heartbeats;
• Severe Pain In Your Side Or Lower Back, Painful Urination, Blood In Your Urine;
• Jaundice (Yellowing Of The Skin Or Eyes);
• High Blood Sugar (Increased Thirst, Increased Urination, Hunger, Dry Mouth, Fruity Breath Odor, Drowsiness, Dry Skin, Blurred Vision); Or
• Severe Skin Reaction — Fever, Sore Throat, Swelling In Your Face Or Tongue, Burning In Your Eyes, Skin Pain, Followed By A Red Or Purple Skin Rash That Spreads (Especially In The Face Or Upper Body) And Causes Blistering And Peeling.
Medication Storage Requirements :
Store Capsules At 25°C (77°F); Excursions Are Permitted Between 15°C And 30°C (59°F And 86°F).
Drug Interactions :
Synthivan Tablet May Interact With The Following Drugs And Products:
Synthivan Tablet Precautions & How to Use
• Avoid spreading of HIV virus to others
• Consult a doctor if you have haemophilia or pancreatitis
• Kidney problems
• Liver problems or liver disease including hepatitis B or C
• Monitor glucose, lipid and uric acid regularly
Synthivan Tablet Frequently asked Questions
Q. Can Synthivan Tablet be used for HIV infections and Salvage therapy in patients with drug resistance?
Yes, hiv infections and salvage therapy in patients with drug resistance are among the most common reported uses for Synthivan Tablet. Please do not use Synthivan Tablet for hiv infections and salvage therapy in patients with drug resistance without consulting first with your doctor. Click here to find out what other patients report as common uses for Synthivan Tablet.