TEROL 1 MG (TOLTERODINE)
WHAT IS THE USES FOR TEROL 1 MG(TOLTERODINE)?
HOW TEROL 1 MG(TOLTERODINE) WORKS?
WHAT IS TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
Tolterodine Tartrate is a medication that relieves spasms of the bladder muscles. It is marketed under several trade names, some of which are Detrol and Terol (Made by Cipla).
Tolterodine Tartrate is used in the treatment of overactive bladder which has symptoms of frequent urination, urgency, and incontinence. It may also be given for conditions not mentioned above.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG).
- • Do not take Tolterodine Tartrate medication (Detrol, Terol) if you are allergic to Tolterodine Tartrate or Fesoterodine, if you have untreated or uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma, or if you have a blockage of the urinary tract, stomach, or intestines.
• Before taking Tolterodine Tartrate, inform your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, glaucoma, myasthenia gravis, or a personal or family history of ‘Long QT syndrome.
• If you are taking a controlled-release capsule, swallow it whole without crushing, chewing, or breaking.
- • Doing so may cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
• Tolterodine Tartrate is known to impact your thinking and reflexes. This can significantly affect any activities which require a lot of alertness and reflexes like driving. So keep such activities to a minimum or avoid them if it is not necessary. Consuming alcohol while taking this medication may increase the chances of side effects of Tolterodine Tartrate.
• Certain drugs may interact with Tolterodine Tartrate. If you are using any medications (prescribed, OTC, or herbal) currently, let your doctor know about it so that he or she can prescribe Tolterodine Tartrate safely. It is recommended that you keep the list of all your present medications handy so that you can show it to any healthcare provider who treats you.
BEFORE TAKING FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG).
Before taking Tolterodine Tartrate (Detrol, Terol), remember to take care of all precautions and preventive measures which are mentioned above. Discuss all the points in detail with your doctor so that you can safely take this medication.
Tolterodine Tartrate is categorized as FDA Pregnancy Category C. It is not known if this medication will harm an unborn baby if taken during pregnancy. Notify your doctor about your pregnancy or any plans to become one before taking Tolterodine Tartrate. It is also not known if this medication passes into breast milk and harms your nursing child. Do not take Tolterodine Tartrate without informing your doctor if you are nursing a baby.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
Take Tolterodine Tartrate (Detrol, Terol) strictly as advised by your doctor. Don’t alter the course of the medication in any way, either by the amount or by duration. All medications come with a patient leaflet with complete instructions. Follow them properly; call your doctor or pharmacist in case of any doubts and clarifications. Your doctor may advise you to change the Tolterodine Tartrate dosage sometimes to get the best results.
Take Tolterodine Tartrate with water. Avoid opening, chewing, crushing, or breaking a controlled-release capsule as doing so may lead to too much of the drug being released at one time. Instead, swallow it whole.
Always store Tolterodine Tartrate in a cool and dry place, away from heat and moisture.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I FORGET TO TAKE A DOSE TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
If you miss a Tolterodine Tartrate dose, take it as soon as you remember it, but take it with some food. However, skip the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is near. Don’t take extra medication or two doses near to each other to compensate for the missed dose.
WHAT IF I OVERDOSE FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
Get emergency medical attention or call the Doctor immediately if you take an overdose of Tolterodine Tartrate and experience serious symptoms which may include blurred vision, dry mouth, and a fast heartbeat.
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID WHILE TAKING TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
Alcohol can increase the chances of side effects of Tolterodine Tartrate so avoid alcohol while taking this medication. Your thinking capability and reflexes may also be impacted. Be sure not to take or do an activity that requires greater mental alertness and reflexes like driving.
WHAT IS SIDE EFFECTS FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
Get emergency medical attention if you witness some allergic reactions to Tolterodine Tartrate medication (Detrol, Terol) like skin hives, breathing difficulty, swelling in the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Discontinue the use of Tolterodine Tartrate medication and contact your doctor immediately if you experience these side effects: hallucinations, confusion, chest pain, fast or irregular heart rate, less or no urination, or pain while urinating. Some less serious symptoms of this medication are blurred vision, headache, joint pain, constipation or diarrhea, drowsiness, dizziness, or stomach pain, or upset.
The side effects mentioned in this guide are not a complete set of side effects which you may experience due to Tolterodine Tartrate. There may be other side effects.
WHAT IS DOSING INFORMATION FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
Your dose will be decided by your doctor after a proper examination of your conditions. Dosage may vary according to your age, sex, the seriousness of condition, and a range of other factors. Remember to strictly follow what is prescribed for you.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER DRUGS FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)
Some drugs may interact with Tolterodine Tartrate (Detrol, Terol). Some of them are chloroquine; halofantrine; cyclosporine; arsenic trioxide; droperidol; certain antibiotics like azithromycin, erythromycin, clarithromycin, pentamidine, or others; some psychiatric medications like haloperidol chlorpromazine mesoridazine pimozide thioridazine; or antiarrhythmics like amiodarone dofetilide procainamide quinidine.
The above list of drugs is not a complete one and there may be others that may interact with Tolterodine Tartrate. Always tell your doctor about any medications which you may be using at present including prescription, OTC, or herbal medications. Don’t start a new drug without medical advice.
WHAT IS EXPERT ADVICE FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)?
• Do not take this drug, If you are allergic to tolterodine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
• Do not take tolterodine if you are unable to pass urine from the bladder (urinary retention); glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that can cause visual problems); myasthenia gravis (weakness of muscles); severe inflammation of all or any part of the gut (ulcerative colitis); suffer from sudden and severe dilatation of the colon (toxic megacolon).
• Do not start or continue tolterodine if you have difficulties in passing urine due to obstruction in any part of the urinary tract; if you have an obstruction in any part of the gut (e.g. pyloric stenosis); decreased bowel movements or suffer from severe constipation or hernia.
• Avoid taking tolterodine if you suffer from neurological disorders that affect your blood pressure, bowel, or sexual function.
• Tolterodine can cause dizziness, tiredness, affect sight, and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR TOLTERODINE TARTRATE (TEROL 1 MG)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.Write A Review
There are no reviews yet.