What is Aleva?
Aleva Tablet is a medicine that is used for the treatment of Symptoms Of Allergic Conditions, Hay Fever, Ear-Round Allergies, Dust Or Pet Allergies, Reddish Itchy Weals, Swelling In The Skin and other conditions.
Aleva Tablet contains Levocetirizine as an active ingredient.
Aleva Tablet works by blocking a natural substance that causes allergic rejection.
Detailed information related to Aleva Tablet’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Aleva Tablet Uses
Aleva Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Symptoms Of Allergic Conditions
- Hay Fever
- Ear-Round Allergies
- Dust Or Pet Allergies
- Reddish Itchy Weals
- Swelling In The Skin
Aleva Tablet Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Aleva Tablet improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Blocking a natural substance that causes allergic rejection.
Aleva Tablet – Composition and Active Ingredients
Aleva Tablet is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Levocetirizine (5 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Aleva Tablet – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Aleva Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Dry Mouth
Aleva Tablet – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Suffer from epilepsy or fits or kidney failure
- Take this drug at bedtime
Aleva Tablet – Drug Interactions
If you take other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Aleva Tablet may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Aleva Tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
Aleva Tablet – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Aleva Tablet is a contraindication. In addition, Aleva Tablet should not be taken if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Children below the age of six years
- Severe renal impairment
Other important Information on Aleva Tablet
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not take extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Aleva Tablet
- Do not take more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Aleva Tablet, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Aleva Tablet
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Aleva Tablet.
Expired Aleva Tablet
- Taking a single dose of expired Aleva Tablet is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to take expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.