LENALID 25 MG (LENALIDOMIDE)
- Lenalid 25 capsules are used to treat multiple myeloma and leprosy reactions. This medicine belongs to a group of medicines that affect the way your immune system works.
- Your doctor will decide how much you need and how often to take it.
- This depends on why you are being treated and may change from time to time.
- You must take it exactly as your doctor has told you. Incorrect intake or overdose can lead to very serious side effects. It may be several weeks or months before you see or feel any benefit.
- Common side effects of this drug include headache, weakness,nausea, rash, and dizziness. This medicine can decrease the number of blood cells in your blood (decrease the number of red and white blood cells), making you more susceptible to infection or bleeding.
- Many other medicines can affect or be affected by this medicine. So tell your medical team about all the medicines you are taking.
HOW DOES LENALID 25 MG CAPSULE WORK?
- LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES acts by strengthening the immune system which indirectly attacks cancer cells. It stops the growth of new blood vessels in the tumor.
- It also limits the production of chemical messengers (cytokines and growth factors) responsible for the growth of cancer cells.
LENALID 25MG DOSAGE
- An overdose of Lenalid can cause drowsiness, irritability, nausea, and headache. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
forgot a dose
- Missing a dose of Lenalid capsule can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you miss a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a twice dose of the medicine to make up for a missed dose.
WAYS TO USE THE LENALID CAPSULE
Multiple myeloma: Lenalid 25 mg capsules are used together with other medicines such as dexamethasone or bortezomib to treat multiple myeloma, a type of cancer that affects the bone marrow.
Follicular lymphoma: Lenalid 25 mg capsules are used to treat follicular lymphoma, a type of blood cancer that affects the lymphatic system, which is part of the immune system. It is characterized by the abnormal growth of lymph cells called follicles in the lymph nodes and other tissues.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LENALID 25MG CAPSULE
- Severe allergic reactions
- High risk of secondary cancer
- Liver toxicity
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty speaking
- Faster heartbeat
- Chest pain or leg pain
- Swelling in the ankles
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Blood clot formation
- Muscle cramps
- Back pain
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Thyroid problems
- Skin problems
SAFETY TIPS FOR LENALID CAPSULES
Lenalid 25 mg Capsules can cause dizziness, tiredness, and difficulties in concentration and coordination, which may affect your ability to drive safely.
Patients with liver disease must monitor liver function closely while taking Lenalid 25 mg and report any unusual symptoms or changes in liver function to their doctor. In patients with liver disease, the dose of Lenalid 25 mg may need to be adjusted.
It is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking Lenalid 25 mg. Alcohol can increase the risk of side effects or reduce the effectiveness of Lenalid 25 mg capsules. It is best to speak to your doctor or pharmacist before consuming alcohol while taking any medication.
Lenalid 25 mg Capsules can pass into breast milkand may harm a breastfed baby. If you are breastfeeding and taking these Capsules, it is important to discuss the potential risks and benefits of continuing breastfeeding with your doctor. Your doctor can help you make the best decisions for the health of you and your baby.
Lenalid 25 mg should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Patients with kidney disease must monitor kidney function closely while taking Lenalid 25 mg Capsules and report any unusual symptoms or changes in kidney function to their doctor. In patients with kidney disease, the dose of Lenalid 25 mg may need to be adjusted.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT LENALID 25 MG CAPSULE
How does LENALID 25MG CAPSULE work?
LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES acts by stimulating the immune system which indirectly attacks cancerous cells. It stops the growth of new blood vessels in the tumor. It also limits the production of chemical messengers (cytokines and growth factors) responsible for the growth of cancer cells.
Is it safe to use LENALID 25 MG CAPSULE in the elderly?
In elderly patients (75 years and over), LENALID 25 MG KAPSEL Bshould be used with caution. Consult your doctor before taking LENALID 25 MG CAPSULE.
Are there any dietary restrictions when taking LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES?
LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES can be taken with or without food; There are no dietary restrictions as such. Consult your doctor before taking LENALID 25 MG CAPSULE.
Is LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES safe in patients with kidney problems?
LENALID 25 MG KAPSEL should be used with caution in patients with kidney problems.
Can I stop taking LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES on my own?
Do not stop taking LENALID 25 MG KAPSEL on your own. Depending on your state of health, it is recommended to take LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not hesitate to talk to your doctor if you have any difficulties while taking LENALID 25 MG KAPSEL.
HOW TO TAKE LENALID 25 MG CAPSULE?
Take LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES as recommended by your doctor. Do not crush or chew the medicine. Your doctor will determine the right dose and duration for you based on your age, body weight, and medical condition.
INTERACTIONS WITH LENALID 25 MG
Interactions with other drugs
- Some medicines affect the way Lenalid capsules work, or Lenalid alone reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about other medicines, herbal preparations,and dietary supplements you are taking to avoid possible interactions.
- If you are taking lipid-lowering drugs, steroids, or digoxin.
HOW DO YOU DRINK?
- Take LENALID 25 MG CAPSULES as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the drug with a glass of water.
- Do not crush or chew the medication.
- Your doctor will determine the appropriate dose and duration for you based on your age, weight, and medical condition.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF LENALID 25 MG
- Store the Lenalid capsule at normal temperature in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
RELATED LINK : LENALID 10 MG