What is Flexispaz?
Flexispaz Capsule is used for Pain After Dental Surgery, Pain Associated With Sciatic Nerve, Irritation Associated With Sciatic Nerve, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Muscles Stiffness In Muscle Diseases and other conditions.
Flexispaz Capsule contains Lornoxicam, and Thiocolchicoside as active ingredients.
Flexispaz Capsule works by inhibiting the prostaglandin synthesis; reduces the swelling and pain;
Detailed information related to Flexispaz Capsule’s uses, composition, dosage, side effects and reviews is listed below.
Flexispaz Capsule Working, Mechanism of Action and Pharmacology
Flexispaz Capsule improves the patient’s condition by performing the following functions:
- Inhibiting the prostaglandin synthesis.
- Reduces the swelling and pain.
Flexispaz Capsule – Composition and Active Ingredients
Flexispaz Capsule is composed of the following active ingredients (salts)
- Lornoxicam (4 MG)
- Thiocolchicoside (4 MG)
Please note that this medicine may be available in various strengths for each active ingredient listed above.
Flexispaz Capsule – Side-effects
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Flexispaz Capsule. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Vomiting Of Blood
- Inflammation Of Kidney
- Loss Of Sleep
- Severe Duodenal Ulcers
- Renal Medullary Necrosis
Flexispaz Capsule – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Have or history of bleeding disorders, peptic ulceration, severe liver or renal impairment, severe thrombocytopenia, severe heart insufficiency, overactive thyroid gland or adrenal gland disorder
- Limit alcoholic beverages
Flexispaz Capsule – Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Flexispaz Capsule may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Flexispaz Capsule may interact with the following drugs and products:
- ACE inhibitors
Flexispaz Capsule – Contraindications
Hypersensitivity to Flexispaz Capsule is a contraindication. In addition, Flexispaz Capsule should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic to thiocolchicoside
- Peptic ulceration
- Severe renal impairment
Other important Information on Flexispaz Capsule
Missing a dose
In case you miss a dose, use it as soon as you notice. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your dosing schedule. Do not use extra dose to make up for a missed dose. If you are regularly missing doses, consider setting an alarm or asking a family member to remind you. Please consult your doctor to discuss changes in your dosing schedule or a new schedule to make up for missed doses, if you have missed too many doses recently.
Overdosage of Flexispaz Capsule
- Do not use more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause poisoning or serious side-effects. If you suspect that you or anyone else who may have overdosed of Flexispaz Capsule, please go to the emergency department of the closest hospital or nursing home. Bring a medicine box, container, or label with you to help doctors with necessary information.
- Do not give your medicines to other people even if you know that they have the same condition or it seems that they may have similar conditions. This may lead to overdosage.
- Please consult your physician or pharmacist or product package for more information.
Storage of Flexispaz Capsule
- Store medicines at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze medicines unless required by package insert. Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into drainage unless instructed to do so. Medication discarded in this manner may contaminate the environment. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more details on how to safely discard Flexispaz Capsule.
Expired Flexispaz Capsule
- Taking a single dose of expired Flexispaz Capsule is unlikely to produce an adverse event. However, please discuss with your primary health provider or pharmacist for proper advice or if you feel unwell or sick. Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions. To be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug. If you have a chronic illness that requires taking medicine constantly such as heart condition, seizures, and life-threatening allergies, you are much safer keeping in touch with your primary health care provider so that you can have a fresh supply of unexpired medications.