What is Peg Grafeel?
Peg Grafeel Injection is used for Cancer In Which The Bone Marrow Does Not Make Enough Healthy Blood Cells, Abnormally Low White Blood Cell Count, Fever And Infection Due To Neutropenia In Patients Receiving Chemotherapy, Chronic Myeloid Leukemia and other conditions.Peg Grafeel Injection contains Pegfilgrastim as an active ingredient.Peg Grafeel Injection works by increasing the production of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
What are the uses of Peg Grafeel?
- Cancer In Which The Bone Marrow Does Not Make Enough Healthy Blood Cells
- Abnormally Low White Blood Cell Count
- Fever And Infection Due To Neutropenia In Patients Receiving Chemotherapy
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
What are the side-effects of Peg Grafeel Injection?
- Increased In Number Of White Cells In The Blood
- Itching Or A Lump At Injection-Site
- Loss Of Hair
- Skin Rash
- Abdominal Pain
- Loss Of Appetite
- Deficiency Of Platelets In The Blood
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances
- Pain In Muscle
Peg Grafeel Injection – Drug Interactions
If you use other drugs or over the counter products at the same time, the effects of Peg Grafeel Injection may change. This may increase your risk for side-effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Tell your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you are using, so that you doctor can help you prevent or manage drug interactions. Peg Grafeel Injection may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Interfere with certain laboratory tests
Peg Grafeel Injection – Precautions & How to Use
Before using this drug, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid travelling, driving and operate heavy machinery
- Consult your doctor in case you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not continue taking the medicine if you develop fever
- Monitor complete blood count and spleen size during treatment
Peg Grafeel Injection Contraindications
- Hypersensitivity to Peg Grafeel Injection is a contraindication. In addition, Peg Grafeel Injection should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome
- Plasma fluid and proteins leaking outside of capillaries
- Rupture of the spleen
- Sickle cell anemia
- Sickle-cell disease