ABAMUNE TABLET (ABACAVIR 300MG)
WHAT IS THE USES FOR ABAMUNE TABLET (ABACAVIR 300 MG)?
Abacavir is used to treat HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection along with other medications.
HOW TO ABAMUNE TABLET (ABACAVIR 300 MG) WORKS
Abacavir belongs to a group of medicines called nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). Abacavir works by blocking the function of reverse transcriptase, which inhibits replication of HIV thereby decreasing its level in the blood.
WHAT IS THE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS FOR ABAMUNE TABLET (ABACAVIR 300 MG)?
Joint or muscle pain, Tingling or numbness of the hands or feet, Shortness of breath, Cough and occasionally inflammation of the eye, Lactic acidosis, Nausea, Low blood pressure, Hypersensitivity reaction such as fever and skin rash, Severe tiredness, Loss of appetite, Sore throat, Headache, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Swelling of the neck, Mouth ulcers
WHAT IS EXPERT ADVICE FOR ABAMUNE TABLET (ABACAVIR 300 MG)?
- Abacavir may cause a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction. Stop taking abacavir immediately, if you develop such a reaction.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had kidney/ liver disease (including hepatitis), if you smoke/drink large amounts of alcohol, have high blood pressure, or diabetes, as abacavir may increase your risk of having a heart attack.
- You should not take abacavir tablets with other products containing abacavir.
- Do not stop taking abacavir even for a short period of time; doing so may worsen your condition.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while using abacavir unless you are feeling well.
- Abacavir does not prevent the spread of the HIV virus to others through blood or sexual contact. Take the required precautions to prevent transmission.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR ABAMUNE TABLET (ABACAVIR 300 MG)
Q. IS ABACAVIR SAFE DURING PREGNANCY?
Abacavir should only be used if the potential benefits justify the potential risk to the baby. Please follow your doctor’s advice regarding its use.
Q. IS IT SAFE TO USE ABACAVIR DURING BREASTFEEDING?
Abacavir is not safe for the baby and should not be used by women who are breastfeeding.
Q. WHAT IS ABACAVIR/ WHAT IS ABACAVIR USED FOR/ WHAT IS ABACAVIR SULFATE/ WHAT IS ABACAVIR-LAMIVUDINE/ WHAT DOES ABACAVIR TREAT?
Abacavir or abacavir sulfate is used to treat HIV infection along with other medications. Abacavir-lamivudine is a combination drug used to treat HIV infection.
Q. HOW DOES ABACAVIR WORK/ HOW DOES ABACAVIR INTERFERE WITH REVERSE TRANSCRIPTASE?
Abacavir works by blocking the function of reverse transcriptase, which inhibits replication of HIV thereby decreasing its level in the blood.
Q. IS ABACAVIR A PROTEASE INHIBITOR?
Abacavir is not a protease inhibitor. It inhibits the activity of reverse transcriptase.
Q. IS ABACAVIR GENERIC?
Abacavir is a generic name.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.Write A Review
There are no reviews yet.