CENTREX 500MG (VALACYCLOVIR)
WHAT IS THE USES CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)?
- Centrex 500mg (Valacyclovir) is an antiviral drug. It slows the growth and spread of the herpes virus to help the body fight the infection.
- Centrex 500mg (Valacyclovir)is used to treat infections caused by herpes viruses, including genital herpes, cold sores, and shingles (herpes zoster) in adults.
- Centrex 500mg (Valacyclovir)is used to treat cold sores in children who are at least 12 years old or chickenpox in children who are at least 2 years old.
It does not cure herpes infections but decreases pain and itching, helps sores to heal, and prevents new ones from forming.
HOW CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR) WORKS?
WHAT IS COMMON SIDE EFFECTS FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)?
Allergic skin rashes, Uncontrollable movements, Constipation and diarrhea, Allergic reaction e.g. itching, Upset stomach, Although the frequency is not known some reported side effects include headache, Vomiting, Low platelet count
HOW SHOULD THIS MEDICINE BE USED FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)?
WHAT SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS SHOULD I FOLLOW FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)?
BEFORE TAKING CENTREX 500MG (VALACYCLOVIR),
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to acyclovir, valacyclovir, or any other drugs.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney or liver disease, problems with your immune system, human immunodeficiency virus infection (HIV), or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you become pregnant while taking valacyclovir, call your doctor.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I FORGET A DOSE FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take any remaining doses for that day at evenly spaced intervals. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I OVERDOSE FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)?
Consult your doctor immediately and seek medical attention as soon as possible. An overdose of this medicine can cause harm to the kidneys.
WHAT SHOULD I AVOID WHILE TAKING VALACYCLOVIR (CENTREX 500 MG)?
- Taking this medicine will not prevent you from passing genital herpes to other people. Herpes infections are contagious and you can infect other people even while you are taking valacyclovir.
- Avoid sexual intercourse or use a latex condom to help keep you from spreading the virus to others. Avoid letting infected areas come into contact with other people. Avoid touching an infected area and then touching your eyes. Wash your hands frequently to prevent the spread of infection.
- Do not share valacyclovir with another person, even if they have the same symptoms you have.
DOSAGE AND STORAGE OF CENTREX 500MG (VALACYCLOVIR)
The dosage of this medication is supposed to be as prescribed by the doctor. You can also check the prescription label provided to you with the medication. But in certain special cases or conditions, it is better to opt for a doctor’s advice. The doctor will recommend the right amount of dosage for an appropriate period of time. This will also improve your condition faster and more effectively. It is very important for you to know that overdose of this medication can cost you very hard. It can also take a toll on your health. Therefore limited usage of this medication is recommended. When it comes to storage, ensure that you do not store the medication in the freezer. Store it at room temperature away from light, heat, water, moisture, pets, and children.
WHAT IS EXPERT ADVICE FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)
- Please ensure adequate intake of liquids to prevent dehydration while on treatment with valacyclovir.
- Please refrain from sexual intercourse if you are diagnosed with genital herpes infection and are receiving valacyclovir treatment to avoid the risk of transmission.
- Valacyclovir can cause side effects (e.g. dizziness, drowsiness, and headache) that may affect your ability to drive or operate machines. Do not drive or operate machines until you feel better.
- Take valacyclovir as directed by your doctor during pregnancy to prevent genital herpes blisters. The infection may be passed on to the baby during childbirth if you develop genital blisters.
- Valacyclovir tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Do consult your doctor before taking valacyclovir, if you have kidney or liver problems; human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, or any other condition that weakens your immune system and makes you prone to infections (immunocompromised); any neurological (mental) problems.
- Do consult your doctor before taking valacyclovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR CENTREX 500 MG (VALACYCLOVIR)