WHAT IS THE USES FOR ACERET 25MG (ACITRETIN)?
Acitretin is used to treat serious skin disorders
such as severe psoriasis (dry, scaly, wax-like skin rash). It is also used to treat keratin deposition on the skin (ichthyosis), skin rash (pityriasis), or small elevations of skin and mucosa (lichen rubber).
HOW ACERET 25MG (ACITRETIN) WORKS?
Acitretin belongs to a class of medications called retinoids
, a form of Vitamin A. Acitretin works by inhibiting excessive cell growth and keratinization (the process by which skin cells become thickened due to the deposition of a protein within them) seen in psoriasis. It, therefore, reduces the thickening of the skin, plaque formation, and scaling.
WHAT IS THE COMMON SIDE EFFECTS FOR ACERET 25MG (ACITRETIN)?
Dryness of skin and mucus membranes, burning or sticky feeling on skin; changes in skin color; feeling cold or thirsty; inflammation in gums or mouth; changes in growth rate, texture, and color of hair; loss of hair; fragile nails and swelling in the area surrounding nails; dry eyes and impaired or blurred vision, swelling in lips and nose; nose bleed; peeling of skin in hands; scaling and thinning of healthy skin with increased sensitivity; itching, reddening, inflammation of the eye.
WHAT IS EXPERT ADVICE FOR ACERET 25MG (ACITRETIN)?
• It is advisable to take this medication at the same time every day after a meal, preferably with milk or fatty food.
• It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have liver/kidney disease or suffer from high levels of cholesterol (hyperlipidemia).
• Do not donate blood if you are on this therapy and until 3 years after stopping this therapy. Women of childbearing age should not receive blood from any person who is on this therapy.
• If you suffer from diabetes, the blood sugar levels should be checked often if you take acitretin.
• Do not drink alcohol while on this therapy and for 2 months after stopping this therapy as it would increase the risk of side effects.
• Do not wear lenses or go out in strong sunlight while on this therapy.
• Inform your doctor immediately if you develop bone, joint, or muscle pain or have troubles with moving.
• Women of child-bearing age, if on acitretin therapy, should practice 2 methods of contraception; and be sure to tell your doctor the medications that you use, and the doctor will tell you which methods are acceptable.
• You will need to take pregnancy tests regularly if you are on treatment with acitretin and for at least 3 years after you stop taking acitretin.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR ACERET 25MG (ACITRETIN)
Q. IS ACITRETIN SAFE DURING PREGNANCY?
Acitretin should not be used in pregnancy or by those who plan to become pregnant as it is highly unsafe for the growing baby.
Q. IS IT SAFE TO USE ACITRETIN DURING BREASTFEEDING?
Acitretin is not safe for the baby and should not be used by women who are breastfeeding.
Q. IS ACITRETIN AN STEROID? IS IT SAFE?
No acitretin is not an asteroid. It is safe when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor.
Q. IS ACITRETIN AVAILABLE IN CANADA?
Yes, acitretin is available in Canada.
Q. WHAT IS ACITRETIN? IS IT EFFECTIVE?
Acitretin belongs to a class of medications called retinoids, used in the treatment of serious skin disorders such as severe psoriasis (dry, scaly, wax-like skin rash). It is also used to treat keratin deposition on the skin (ichthyosis), skin rash
(pityriasis), or small elevations of skin and mucosa (lichen rubber). It is effective when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor.
Q. CAN I TAKE PARACETAMOL OR IBUPROFEN WITH ACITRETIN?
There is no known adverse effect of taking paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin. Please follow the advice of your doctor on the same.
Q. DOES ACITRETIN CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN OR AFFECT SPERM?
No there are no known effects of acitretin on weight gain and sperms. Please consult your doctor immediately if any side effects are observed while on this therapy.
Q. HOW FAST DOES ACITRETIN WORK AND HOW LONG IS IT AVAILABLE IN THE BODY?
Acitretin may seem to worsen symptoms at the start but should be effective during the course of the therapy. Continue to use as per doctor’s recommendations. Acitretin should be cleared
from the body within 36 days post the last dose.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.Write A Review
There are no reviews yet.