Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 Mg)
What is Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg) used for?
Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg) is used to treat and relieve symptoms of bronchospasm, which is the condition of narrowing of the small airways of the lungs or bronchioles that happens in reversible obstructive diseases like asthma, chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg) is used to relieve breathing difficulties caused by bronchospasm with symptoms including, wheezing, shortness of breath, tightness of the chest. Asthalin Respules 2.5 mg can also be used to prevent exercise-induced bronchospasm, which is a form of asthma that is only triggered by exercise; also allergy induced asthma to known allergens like pollen or cats. Asthalin Respules 2.5 mg is a “reliever” Respules because it is has a rapid onset (within 5 minutes) but is short-acting and is a rescue medication that can be used if an asthma attack happens, or to avoid an asthma attack. Asthalin Respules 2.5 mg will not treat the asthma disease and you will most likely be taking a regular “preventer” medication such as an inhaled corticosteroid.
What is Available Strength for Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)?
The medicine is found as Respuless on the website in the strength mentioned below:
Asthalin HFA Respuless 100 mcg
Authorized Manufacturer for Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg).
A well renowned pharmaceutical company, Cipla is the sole manufacturer of Asthalin. The drug is found with different sizes of 30, 60, 90 NOS on this website.
How does Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg) work?
Asthalin Respules 2.5 mg contains salbutamol, a beta 2-agonist, and bronchodilator that acts directly on the small airways of the lungs (bronchioles). Contraction of the bands of smooth muscle that surrounds the small bronchiole tubes causes narrowing of the airways in response to an asthma trigger. Salbutamol in Asthalin Respules binds to beta 2 receptors on the smooth muscle causing the muscle to relax and the airways to widen (bronchodilation). This reduces bronchospasm (contraction or the airways) and allows the airways to open making it easier to breathe and removing symptoms of asthma, such as tightness of the chest, wheezing, cough, and shortness of breath. Salbutamol in Asthalin Respules is a rapid-acting bronchodilator but has a short duration of action, lasting 4-6 hours, and is used as a reliever medication for severe asthma, delivered into the lungs as an aerosol with each actuation (puff).
What are the side effects of Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Asthalin Respules include: headache, tremor, tachycardia (rapid heartbeat); less common side effects include, palpitations mouth and throat irritation, muscle cramp.
Conditions that restrict individuals not to take Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg).
Avoid taking it if you’re under any of the following circumstances:
You have an allergy to the prime ingredient of Salbutamol or any other element of the preparation. You are not 4 years or above of age. Consultation is required to ensure the matter of safety and efficiency. You are either pregnant or going to be pregnant soon. You need to breastfeed while drug elements may be mingled with breast milk. Your level of blood pressure is inconsiderably high. You caught epilepsy once in your life. A diabetic history has been found in you There are some problems with your heart rhythm (called Arrhythmia).
How to use your Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)?
Follow the instruction provided with your Asthalin Respules.
- Remove the mouthpiece cover and shake the Respules.
- Breathe out as far as is comfortable and then place the mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Start to inhale and press down on the top of the Respules to release a dose of salbutamol while still breathing in through your mouth until your lungs are full and then hold your breath for a few seconds.
- Remove the Respules and breathe normally.
- Replace the mouthpiece cover.
- Rinse your mouth after use.
Note: You can use a spacer device to help you inhale correctly.
How often should you use your Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)?
You should take one or two puffs of your Asthalin Respules as recommended by your doctor and as needed. The effects should last for between 4 and 6 hours.
Missed dose of Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg).
You should only use your Asthalin Respules to relieve symptoms of asthma. However, if your doctor has advised you to take regular puffs from your Asthalin Respules 2.5 mg and you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
How should Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg) be stored?
You should store your Asthalin Respules below 30°C in a cool dry place. Protect your Respules from frost, it will not work properly if it gets cold and keeps away from direct sunlight. Always replace the mouthpiece cover when you are not using your Respules.
What are the things to be taken care of Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of sight and reach of the children
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Don’t load the capsule until you are ready to take a dose
- It may cause dizziness or drowsiness, so be cautious while driving
- Avoid alcohol consumption
What is EXPERT ADVICE Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)?
- Use salbutamol inhalation exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Always keep the Respules upright during the loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you can feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- During use, regularly wipe the mouthpiece with a fiber-free tissue or soft cloth.
- Always replace the Respules cap after you have used the Respules.
- Always tell your doctor if you suffer from an overactive thyroid gland.
- Take special precautions if you experience chest pains.
- Take special care with salbutamol if you suffer from any disease of the heart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for Asthalin Respules (Salbutamol 2.5 mg)