Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 Mcg)
What is the Uses Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
Description for Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)
The chief active ingredient present in Beclate Inhaler is Beclomethasone Dipropionate. The medicine is used by asthma patients to help manage asthma symptoms, to enhance lung function and to prevent an asthma attack. It belongs to the category of “preventer” asthma medicine and is used for the long term by patients as part of the long-term asthma management plan.
How does Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg) work?
Beclate Inhaler contains beclomethasone propionate, a topical corticost***id and anti-inflammatory medication that blocks the production of inflammatory chemicals released in the airways in response to asthma trigger, such as allergens or irritants in the air. Inflammation is one of the underlying causes of asthma along with bronchospasm, which is constriction (narrowing of the bronchioles (small airways). Beclomethasone in Beclate Inhaler works directly on the airway walls to reduce inflammatory reactions in the airways, which helps to prevent symptoms of asthma caused by swollen and inflamed airways, like wheezing, cough, tightness of the chest and shortness of breath. It does not relieve bronchospasm which happens during an asthma attack and needs a “reliever” medication to open the airways.
What are the Common side effects of Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Beclate Inhaler include a sore throat or tongue, which may be due to candida infection (thrush), hoarseness or throat irritation and contusion in the skin (bruising). Long term use of Beclate Inhaler inhaler may cause the adrenal glands, which produce endogenous (naturally occurring) corticost***ids, to stop working efficiently. This may slow down the growth rate in children and will need regular monitoring. Beclate Inhaler may also cause decreased bone mineral density if used for long periods.
When should Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg) not be used?
You should not use Beclate Inhaler if you:
- are allergic to beclomethasone or any ingredients in Beclate Inhaler
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding, without discussion with your doctor
- are a diabetic, without discussion with your doctor, as the beclomethasone in Beclate inhaler may increase your glucose levels
- have tuberculosis of the lung or other long term lung infection
- currently have an infection, as Beclate Inhaler may hide some of the signs of infection
- are taking other medications that may interact with Beclate Inhalers, like ritonavir for HIV infection, and the antifungal drug ketoconazole.
How to take Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
You should take your Beclate Inhaler as recommended by your doctor. The dose of Beclate Inhaler you use (how many puffs or inhalations) and how often take it depends on the severity of your asthma and your age and should be as recommended by your doctor. You will usually take one or two puffs twice a day, morning and evening. Beclate inhaler does not work immediately but is intended as a long-term medication which may take up to a week to start to work and it may take several weeks before you feel the maximum benefit. You should not stop taking your Beclate inhaler, even if you feel better.
How to use your Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
Follow the instructions provided with your Beclate Inhaler.
- Remove the mouthpiece cover and shake the inhaler.
- Breathe out as far as is comfortable and then place the mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Start to inhale and press down on the top of the inhaler to release a dose of beclomethasone while still breathing in through your mouth until your lungs are full, and then hold your breath for a few seconds.
- Remove the inhaler and breathe normally.
- Replace the mouthpiece cover.
- Rinse your mouth after use.
Note: You can use a spacer device to help you inhale correctly.
What is the AVAILABILITY for Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
A beclate inhaler is available in two different packs containing a main active ingredient called BeclomethasoneDipropionate: * Beclate Inhaler 100 mcg * Beclate Inhaler 200mcg
Who is MANUFACTURER of Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
Beclate Inhaler is produced by Cipla a well known pharmaceutical company.
What is EXPERT ADVICE for Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)?
- Use salbutamol inhalation exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
- Always keep the inhaler upright during the loading of the dose and administration steps.
- If you can feel a slightly sweet tasting powder in your mouth after inhaling, you have received the dose and the active substance has reached your lungs.
- During use, regularly wipe the mouthpiece with a fiber-free tissue or soft cloth.
- Always replace the inhaler cap after you have used the inhaler.
- Always tell your doctor if you suffer from an overactive thyroid gland.
- Take special precaution if you experience chest pains.
- Take special care with salbutamol if you suffer from any disease of the heart.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS for Beclate Inhaler 200 (Beclometasone 200 mcg)