ANDROCUR – 50MG
WHAT ANDROCUR 50MG (CYPROTERONE ACETATE) TABLETS ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE USED FOR
The active ingredient in your tablets is cyproterone acetate, which belongs to a group of medicines called antiandrogens. These work by blocking the actions of male sex hormones (androgens) which are released naturally in your body. They also reduce the production of androgens. It has been shown that the growth of tumors of the prostate gland may be dependent on male hormones. Since cyproterone acetate blocks the action of androgens and reduces the number of androgens produced by the body, it can be used to help relieve the symptoms of a tumor of the prostate gland. It can also be taken by males to control an active sex drive.
BEFORE YOU TAKE ANDROCUR 50MG (CYPROTERONE ACETATE)
Do not take Cyproterone Tablets if you:
• are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproterone acetate, or any of the other ingredients in Cyproterone Tablets (these are listed in section 6, Further Information)
• are under 18 years of age
• have ever been diagnosed with a meningioma (a generally benign tumor of the tissue layer between the brain and the skull). You should ask your physician if you are in doubt.
• have kidney failure
• have liver disease (including Dubin-Johnson syndrome and Rotor syndrome) Malignant tumors (except for carcinoma of the prostate) Previous or existing liver tumors (only if these are not due to metastases from carcinoma of the prostate) If you are being treated for an overactive sex drive you should not take this medicine if you:
• suffer from liver disease
• have or have previously had tumors, other than in your prostate gland
• suffer from any illness making you thin, weak, or tired
• have a history of blood clots (heart attack, stroke, thrombosis, or embolism)
• suffer from diabetes
• suffer from a condition called sickle cell anemia (abnormalities of the red blood cells)
• have or have ever suffered from depression
WHAT IS POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS FOR ANDROCUR 50MG (CYPROTERONE ACETATE)?
Like all medicines, Cyproterone Tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you get any of the following symptoms after taking these tablets you should contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately:
• any sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing or dizziness, skin rashes
• yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin
• severe pain in the stomach or chest area The following side effects have been reported Very commonly (probably affecting more than 1 in 10 people)
• reduced sexual drive and potency
• reduction of sperm count and volume of ejaculation Common (probably affecting more than 1 in 100 people)
• depressive moods and restlessness
• increase or decrease in body weight which can be associated with fluid retention
• shortness of breath
• liver problems, some of them severe or even fatal have been reported with high-dosed cyproterone acetate treatment (200-300 mg daily)
• discomfort or enlargement of the breasts
• hot flushes, sweating, tiredness
HOW TO TAKE ANDROCUR 50MG (CYPROTERONE ACETATE)TABLETS ?
Always take Cyproterone Tablets exactly as your doctor has told you to do so. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Dosage For adults and the elderly, the dose for Cyproterone Tablets is dependent on the condition for which your doctor has prescribed them. For the control of an overactive sex drive, the usual dose is 50 mg twice a day. Your doctor can only prescribe this medicine once he has explained what the tablets will do and you have agreed to take them.
For more information visit our website: mymedistore.com