DOXYCYCLINE 100 MG
PRODUCT PRESENTATION FOR DOXYCYCLINE 100 MG
- Doxycyline 100 mg tablet is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections in your body.
- It is effective for certain infections of the lungs, urinary tract, eyes, and others.
- You should take it regularly at regular intervals according to the schedule prescribed by your doctor.
- The dose depends on what you are being treated for, but you should always take this complete antibiotic as directed by your doctor.
- It kills the bacteria, which helps improve symptoms and cure the infection. It can also be used to treat severe acne.
HOW IT WORKS
- Doxycycline 100mg is called to a class of medications called tetracyclines.
- A medicine class is a group of medicines that work similarly. These medicines are often used to treat similar conditions.
- This medication works by blocking the production of a bacterial protein. It does this by binding to specific units of the protein. This stops the protein from growing and treats the infection.
HOW TO USE DOXYCYCLINE HYCLATE BY MOUTH
- Read the package leaflet, if available from your pharmacist, before you start taking doxycycline and each time you refill it.
- It is best to take this medication on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal, usually 1 or 2 times daily, or as directed by your doctor.
- Consume this medication with a glass of water (240 milliliters/8 ounces) unless otherwise directed. If you have stomach upset, taking it with food or milk may help.
- However, doxycycline may not work as well if you take it with food or milk (or something high in calcium; more on that below). Therefore, ask your doctor or pharmacist if you can take it that way. Do not lie down for at least 10 minutes after taking this medicine.
- Take this medication 2 to 3 hours before or after taking a product containing aluminum, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, or bismuth subsalicylate.
- When used to prevent malaria, this medicine is usually taken once a day. Take the first dose of this medication 1-2 days before travel or as directed by your doctor.
- Keep taking this pill every day while you are in an area where malaria occurs. When you go home, you should take this medicine for another 4 weeks. If you cannot stop this treatment with doxycycline, contact your doctor.
HOW SHOULD I TAKE DOXYCYCLINE?
- Take Doxycycline exactly as your doctor has told you. Follow all instructions on your prescription label. Do not take these pills in larger or smaller amounts, or for longer than recommended.
- Take Doxycycline with a full glass of water. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this tablet.
- It is best to take the Doxy 100 mg tablet 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal.
- Most brands of doxycycline can be taken with food or milk if the medication upsets your stomach. Different brands of doxycycline may have different directions for taking it with or without food.
- You can open a regular capsule or break a regular tablet and sprinkle the medication into a tablespoon of applesauce to make it easier to swallow. Swallow immediately without chewing. Do not take the mixture for later use. Immediately drink a full glass (8 ounces) of cold water.
- Do not crush, crush, or open an extended-release capsule or tablet. Swallow the pill whole.
- You may need to split a doxycycline pill to get the correct dose. Follow the instructions of your doctor.
- If you are taking doxycycline to prevent malaria: Start taking the medication 1 to 2 days before entering an area where malaria is common. Continue to take the medication daily while you are there and for at least 4 weeks after you leave the area. Use protective clothing, insect repellent, and mosquito netting around your bed to further prevent mosquito bites that could cause malaria.
- Doxycycline is usually only given as an injection if you are unable to take the medication by mouth. A healthcare professional will give you this injection intravenously into a vein.
SIDE EFFECTS OF DOXY 100 MG
- upset stomach;
- loss of appetite;
- mild diarrhea;
- skin rash or itching;
- darkened skin color;
DOSAGE OF DOXY 100MG
- If you think you have taken too much Doxy-100, contact your doctor or go to the nearest hospital immediately.
forgot a dose
- If you miss a dose of the Doxy-100 tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it is time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule.
- Do not take a twice dose of the tablet to make up for a missed dose.
WHAT TO AVOID
- Avoid taking other antibiotics with doxycycline unless your doctor tells you to.
- Avoid exposure to the sun or tanning beds. Doxycycline can easily cause sunburn. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) when outdoors.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.Write A Review
There are no reviews yet.