Tazzle 20 FM (Tadalafil Orally Disintegrating Strips)
Happy to announce that Dr. Reddy Ltd , India have Launched Oral Disintegrating Strips (ODS) -A new approach to oral drug delivery system.
Forget about potency problems with Tazzle – Tadalafil Oral Strips!
Leave your problems with potency in the past with the help of Tazzle. Tazzle is a Mint Strips based on the Tadalafil – 20 mg the active component that provides the 36 hours effect. Another advantage of Tazzle is its easy use. Simply put a Tazzle single strip on the tongue and let it melt. As soon it melts it gives you a very fresh flavour in the mouth and the active ingredients instantly go into the blood stream by Oral-mucosa route. The effect will start immediately at 06-15 mins. The complete effect comes in 15 minutes and can last up to 36 hours.
Tazzle – Medical Information.
Tazzle contains Tadalafil, Each strip has 20mg of this inhibitor, which provides super long effect – up to 36 hours of penile erection. Erection can be achieved easily after proper sexual stimulation. Tazzle is manufactured with pure water based polymers and does not have any harmful solvents and
very less in impurities when compared to other regular Pills or Jelly forms.
Tazzle is available as mint flavored, edible breath strips for oral administration and treatment of Erectile Dysfunction. Each strip contains 20 mg of Tadalafil in one dose of marketing erectile dysfunction products and the following inactive ingredients: Film forming Agents (Pullulan, Xanthum Gum, Locust Bean Gum), Water, Bulking Agents (Hydroxyl Propyl Starch, Dicalcium Phospate, Mannitol), Adsorbing Agents (Colloidal silicon dioxide), Humectants (Glycerol, Oleates),Sweeteners (Sucralose), Flavourings, Acidity Regulators (Mint/Menthol), Emulsifier (Tweens), Colour (FD&C Blue #1) as well as other Natural Ingredients.
The application and form of Tazzle do not differ from traditional mint strips. You can take Tazzle on the go and in a public place without getting people’s attention.
- Tazzle provides an oral administration route and rapid absorption.
- You have to just keep the Oral Tazzle Strip on the tongue and allow it to dissolve on the
tongue for few seconds. It can be held sublingually for faster results. No need to use water.
- Tazzle is the only treatment for Erectile Dysfunction with benefits experienced in as little
as 06-20 minutes. In case of pills you may have to wait as long as 1 hour for erection.
- Clinically proven to last more than 36 hours in some men.
- Dual action: Freshens breath while providing effective treatment for ED.
- Ideally suited for all type of patients who hate to take pills, for people who need instant effect ,
with difficulty in swallowing pills and who expect ease of carry and No water required.
- The complete pack easily fits in your wallet or pocket.
Tadalafil Oral Strips (Tazzle) – Dosage
Generic Tadalafil Oral strips are for use as needed. A maximum of one 20 mg strip of Tazzle Oral Strips can be taken in a 24 hour period. You can take another dose only if 24 hours have passed since your previous dose. Tadalafil Oral Strip may be taken with or without food.
How to Use:
- Tare the Zip Lock pouch and take out the Tazzle plastic box inside the Zip Lock pouch.
- Lift the plastic box cap to open in the direction shown in the picture.
- The plastic box will have total Ten number of Tadalafil – 20 mg strips. Take out only one strip from the plastic box and keep it on the tongue.
- Allow the strip till it dissolve on the tongue for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Close the plastic box and keep it back into the Zip-Lock pouch and press the Zipper.
Active Ingredient present in Tazzle Oral strip
The active ingredient present in Tazzle Oral strip is Tadalafil. Each Tazzle Oral disintegrating Strip contains 20 mg of Tadalafil. It also contains the following inactive ingredients: Film forming Agents (Pullulan, Xanthum Gum, Locust Bean Gum), Water, Bulking Agents (Hydroxyl Propyl Starch, Dicalcium Phosphate, Mannitol), Adsorbing Agents (Colloidal silicon dioxide), Humectants (Glycerol, Oleates),Sweeteners (Sucralose), Flavorings, Acidity Regulators (Mint/Menthol), Emulsifier (Tweens), Color (FD&C Blue #1) as well as other permitted ingredients.
Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips Contraindications
Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips are contraindicated in the following cases:
- Patients with a hypersensitivity to Tadalafil or any inactive ingredient present in Tazzle oral strips.
- Administration of Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips to patients using any form of organic nitrate is contraindicated.
- This product is contraindicated in patients with myocardial infarction within the last 90 days, unstable angina or angina occurring during sexual intercourse.
- Tazzle 20 mg is contraindicated in patients with uncontrolled hypertension, a stroke within the last 6 months.
- Patients who have loss of vision in one eye because of Non-arteritic Anterior Ischaemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION) should not use this product.
Warnings and Precautions When Using Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips (Tazzle)
Below are the warnings and precautions to be taken when using Generic Tadalafil oral strips (Tazzle)
- Doctors should consider the potential cardiac risk of sexual activity in patients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease.
- Patients should not use Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips if sex is inadvisable due to a cardiovascular status.
- Use of Tazzle oral strips with alpha blockers, antihypertensives or substantial amounts of alcohol (5 units or more) may lead to hypotension.
- If taking potent inhibitors of CYP3A4, the dose of Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips should be reduced to 20 mg every 72 hours.
- Patients should stop using Generic Tadalafil oral strips and seek urgent medical care if a sudden loss of vision occurs in one or both eyes, which could be a sign of Non Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION).
- Patients should seek emergency treatment if an erection lasts more than 4 hours.
- Patients should stop using Tazzle oral disintegrating strips and seek prompt medical attention in the event of sudden decrease or loss of hearing.
- Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips has to be used with caution in patients predisposed to priapism.
Side Effects of Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips (Tazzle 20 mg)
The common side effects occurring in 2% or more of the patients undergoing treatment with Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips include headache, dyspepsia, back pain, myalgia, nasal congestion, flushing, and pain in limb. The other side effects of Tazzle 20 mg oral film are given below:
- Body as a Whole – asthenia, face edema, fatigue, pain
- Cardiovascular – angina pectoris, chest pain, hypotension, myocardial infarction, postural hypotension, palpitations, syncope, tachycardia
- Digestive – abnormal liver function tests, dry mouth, dysphagia, esophagitis, gastritis, GGTP increased, loose stools, nausea, upper abdominal pain, vomiting, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hemorrhoidal hemorrhage, rectal hemorrhage
- Musculoskeletal – arthralgia, neck pain
- Nervous – dizziness, hypesthesia, insomnia, paresthesia, somnolence, vertigo
- Renal and Urinary – renal impairment
- Respiratory – dyspnea, epistaxis, pharyngitis
- Skin and Appendages – pruritus, rash, sweating
- Ophthalmologic – blurred vision, changes in color vision, conjunctivitis (including conjunctival hyperemia), eye pain, lacrimation increase, swelling of eyelids
- Otologic – sudden decrease or loss of hearing, tinnitus
- Urogenital – erection increased, spontaneous penile erection
Generic Tadalafil Oral Strips and Alcohol
Doctors should advise their patients that both alcohol and Tadalafil oral strips (Tazzle), a PDE5 inhibitor, act as mild vasodilators and when taken in combination, blood pressure lowering effects of each individual product can be increased.
Due to this effect, substantial consumption of alcohol (e.g., 5 units or greater) in combination with Tazzle oral strips can increase the potential for orthostatic signs and symptoms, including increase in heart rate, decrease in standing blood pressure, dizziness, and headache.