Triohale Inhaler (Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)
- Each puff contains:
Tiotropium Bromide monohydrate equivalent to
Formoterol Fumarate Dihydrate IP……………………6 mcg
Ciclesonide IP……………………….200 mcg
Suspended in propellant HFA 227……………………..q.s
Tiotropium bromide is a long-acting, specific, muscarinic receptor antagonist, referred to as an anticholinergic. Formoterol is a potent long-acting selective beta2-receptor agonist, which acts by binding to the beta2 receptor in the airway. Ciclesonide is a synthetic glucocorticoid with a potent anti-inflammatory activity and weak mineralocorticoid activity.
The combination of tiotropium, formoterol and ciclesonide will help in targeting different aspects of COPD viz. bronchodilation through different mechanisms and the inflammation with inhaled steroids.
What is the Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)
Tiotropium bromide, Ciclesonide, and Formoterol fumarate combination drug are involved in making breathing easier for people suffering from a chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder. It is available in the dosage form of inhalers containing a dry powdered formulation of the above drugs suspended in propellant that is intended for oral inhalation only with the help of an inhalation product.
Tiotropium bromide is an anticholinergic bronchodilator that relieves the discomfort caused by COPD i.e. chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis and emphysema). Ciclesonide is a corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory medicine that blocks inflammation. Formoterol, on the other hand, is a long-acting bronchodilator.
The ailments Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide) is used for
This combination therapy is used for long-term management of severe COPD to treat symptoms but it is not used for acute exacerbation.
Understanding the drug
How does Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide) work?
The drug acts as a bronchodilator, producing a dilatory effect on smooth muscles and increases the mucus secretion from the nasal passage and bronchioles. This drug is a rapid-onset and long-acting selective beta-agonist and bronchodilator that relaxes the muscles of the small airways of the lungs (bronchioles) to widen the airways.
When should you avoid fro Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
You should not take this drug if you:
• Are pregnant, the doctor must be consulted in an urgency to take the medicine to avoid any harm to the fetus
• Hypersensitivity to Ipratropium or Tiotropium
• Are younger than 10 years of age, as the safety of the medicine is not yet established in children
• Have any type of renal or hepatic impairment
• Having angioedema (swelling of lips, throat, and tongue)
How much to take the Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
The dose intake is prescribed by the Doctor depending upon the severity and demand of the disease condition. Always follow the doctor’s instructions.
What are the strengths available for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
- The drug containing the combination product of the three drugs is available in the following strength:
- Triphala 120 MDI (metered dose inhalers)
Who is the manufacturer for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
This drug Triohale and its various dosage forms are manufactured by a well-known pharmaceutical company, Cipla. It is available on our websites in a pack size of 120 metered doses.
How to use for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
Do not swallow the contents as they are for inhalation purposes only. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
• Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
• Place the inhaler in an upright position and shake well
• Now empty your lungs by exhaling the air completely out of the lungs
• Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
• Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get the puff of the medicine
• Remove the inhaler and hold your breath for 10 seconds
• Now breathe out through the nose
• Replace the cap and if needed take the second dose by repeating the steps as mentioned above.
When to take for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
Take your drug dose at the same time every day as this will become a habit and will be less forgotten by the patient. Take your doctor’s advice about the time of dosage if there is any confusion about the dosage time.
For how long should be Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide) taken?
This medicine controls your condition but does not cure it. It is thus advised to take the drug as long as recommended by the doctor even in the case you find yourself well. Do not stop the drug without a doctor’s advice.
What if you take too much (overdose) for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
Too much this drug may be disturbing or serious in many cases. Due to the overdose of the drug you may have a fast or irregular heartbeat; dry mouth or blurred vision. In such a case visit the nearest healthcare center or call your doctor.
What if you miss the dose for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
In case you forget to take the dose, take it as soon as you remember, as long as it is at least 12 hours before your next dose. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
• Breathing difficulty or worsening of your breathing problems
• Bilateral conjunctivitis
• Dry mouth
• Pounding heartbeat
• Wheezing or troubled breathing
• Stuffy nose, nosebleed
• White patches in your mouth or throat.
In such cases, you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Are there any possible drug interactions for Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
You should ask your doctor about the full list of the drugs to be avoided or that you should be careful of while taking this drug. There are very few adverse drug interactions encountered with this drug yet the co-administration of this drug with others may cause harmful side effects to other people.
What are the things to be taken care of Triohale inhalers(Tiotropium + Formoterol + Ciclesonide)?
• Rinse your mouth after using the inhaler to prevent dry mouth and throat irritation.
• Do not swallow the medicine by mouth
• Clean the device once a month with water
• This medication must be used regularly to be effective