Antibiotics for acne
Different medicines can be prescribed to cure acne, including such medicines that have antibacterial and bactericidal effect. Severe acne treatment involves peroral administration of antibiotics or therapy with injectable antibiotics. However for symptomatic treatment of severe acne, doctors also prescribe topical antibiotics (gels, creams and ointments).
At the initial stage of antibiotic therapy of acne, high doses of antibiotics are prescribed, followed by gradual decrease of their dosage. Significant therapeutic effect of antibiotic drugs is achieved within 5-7 days. Herewith one should note that severe forms of acne require a long-term treatment, with possible duration of several months.
In long-term treatment of acne, different groups of antibiotics help:
• To inhibit the growth and reproduction of bacteria in the hair follicles and sebaceous glands;
• To reduce the number of irritating substances, synthesized by white blood cells;
• To reduce the concentration of free fatty acids in the surface layers of the skin;
• To stop the inflammatory process and achieve quick regress of inflammation in the deep layers of the skin.
Usually antibiotics are administered to cure severe acne. Still some patients are prescribed antibiotics for the treatment of moderate acne too, but only if there are no alternative treatment methods or they are ineffective. The most effective and prescribed antibiotics for acne treatment are: Tetracycline; Erythromycin; Minocycline; Doxycycline and Clindamycin.
- For the treatment of acne, Tetracycline antibiotic should be taken in the morning and evening. Acne therapy has to be initiated with one Tetracycline 500mg pill, 2 times a day. When the effect is achieved and the skin gets pure, the daily dose of Tetracycline antibiotic has to be reduced twice. Tetracycline is one of the few oral antibiotics, which can be prescribed for acne treatment in teenagers over 9 years old. However this antibiotic is contraindicated for acne therapy in pregnancy.
• Unlike Tetracycline antibiotic, Erythromycin antibiotic for acne treatment can kill bacteria, providing pronounced anti-inflammatory effect and reducing redness in the affected parts of epidermis. In order to reduce risk of nausea and indigestion, Erythromycin antibiotic is better to be taken with meals. For the treatment of mild and moderate acne, it is recommended to take one Erythromycin 250mg pill, 2 times a day. For the treatment of severe acne, the daily dose of Erythromycin should be 2 times increased (one Erythromycin 500mg pill, 2 times a day).
• Minocycline antibiotic is a Tetracycline derivative. Minocycline is especially effective in the treatment of pustular acne. Unlike Tetracycline, which becomes less effective when taken with food, therapeutic efficiency of Minocycline does not depend on time of meals. Patients with mild and moderate acne should start the treatment with a single dose of Minocycline 50mg, twice daily. To cure severe acne, patient might need to increase the daily dose of Minocycline antibiotic up to 200mg (one Minocycline 100mg pill, twice daily).
• Doxycycline antibiotic is prescribed for acne treatment to patients with diagnosed allergy to antibiotics Tetracycline and (or) Erythromycin, as a rule. Antibiotic therapy of acne must be initiated with one Doxycycline 100mg pill, 2 times a day. Once the therapeutic effect is achieved (approximately 7-10 days after onset of Doxycycline pills usage), Doxycycline dosage is reduced twice (one Doxycycline 50mg pill, two times a day). To lessen the risk of nausea and vomiting, antibiotic Doxycycline is recommended to be taken with meals. Please note that Doxycycline increases the sensitivity to ultraviolet. Therefore in order not to get sun burns, patient should avoid staying in the sun for long time.
• Clindamycin is highly effective antibiotic to cure acne, even in adolescence. For acne treatment Clindamycin can be used both orally and applied directly on the skin. Maximal oral daily dose of Clindamycin antibiotic is 300mg (one Clindamycin 150mg pill, each 12 hours). Topical LOTION has to be applied thin layer on the affected parts of the skin, each 8-10 hours (in the morning and evening). You can find in retail sale Clindamycin LOTION, AEROSOL, SWAB, CREAM and GEL. The concentration of Clindamycin antibiotic in topical lotion for acne treatment must not exceed 1%. Duration of symptomatic treatment of acne by means of topical solution Clindamycin varies from 4 to 12 weeks (depending on the severity of acne).
If you are prescribed antibiotic to cure acne, but it is very expensive at urban pharmacies, you can order the shipping of cheap antibiotic on our online pharmacy from any corner of the world. To purchase antibiotic without prescription, you don’t have to fill out medical questionnaire. That is why you can order antibiotic for acne treatment online in just a couple of minutes. So, if you decide to buy drug for acne without prescription, but have never ordered antibiotics shipping on online pharmacies before, please ask our online pharmacist all your questions.