The next time you raise your glass, keep these key health benefits of wine for women, as reported by The Daily SipÂ®, in mind (Note: Health benefits of wine apply when consumed in moderation vs. in excess, NOT when pregnant, etc.):
- Red wine contains a “super” antioxidant called resveratrolÂ that may help to reduce heart-disease,osteoporosis, diabetes, and more (learn about it here)
- Red wine may specifically reduce the risk of cancer in women, as reported by Cedar-Sinai Medical CenterÂ of Los Angeles (learn more here)
- Moderate wine consumption may help to reduce the risk of dementia (learn more here)
- There are numerous health and beauty products made from wine grapes that may help to reduce the effects of aging due to being loaded up with vitamins C & E + antioxidants (learn more here)
- On a less serious note, moderate wine consumption can be both fun and enjoyable with fellow wine enthusiasts, sometimes even in eclectic settings (aka: some even have “blended” wine with yoga in the vineyard. Learn more here.)
It is my personal opinion that a healthy mind and a healthy body coupled with good cheer lead to greater happiness, thus the moderate consumption of wine by women may contribute to both for all the aforementioned reasons!